What you’ll be a part of:
DCG is a multi-billion dollar global enterprise that builds, buys, and invests in leading blockchain and digital asset companies all over the world. Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, the company’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the development of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the fintech industry, backing more than 150 companies in 35 countries.
In addition to its investment portfolio, DCG is the parent company of Genesis (a global digital asset prime brokerage), Grayscale Investments (the largest digital currency asset manager), CoinDesk (the leading media and events company in the digital asset space), Foundry (a digital asset mining and staking company), and Luno (a Bitcoin and Digital Asset Exchange).
We passionately believe bitcoin and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build the bitcoin and blockchain ecosystem over the long term. Join us and be part of the team that is transforming the future of finance.
What is the role?
We are currently hiring for a VP of Finance to work within Digital Currency Group's newest subsidiary, HQ, partnering with the world’s leading crypto, blockchain, and DeFi entrepreneurs and investors.
In this role, you will be a key member of the HQ leadership team and will report to the CEO. The VP of Finance will direct and oversee the financial activities of the corporation, direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, define and develop core finance, accounting and risk management processes and create forecasts predicting future growth of the business.
What you have to achieve:
- Partner with CEO and leadership team on the company’s overall product development roadmap and R&D forecasting
- Identify opportunities for expansion into new product areas
- Manage company financial projections to figures and budgeted expenses to actual
- Work with the CEO and leadership team to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process
- Prepare strategic finance reports to CEO and leadership team around business trends and insights
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems and ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Work closely with department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations
- Analyze operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination
- Oversee accounting, budget preparation and all audit functions
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, DCG requests and regulatory reports
What we expect:
- You have 10-15 years of relevant experience in the fintech, investment management or wealth management industry
- You have demonstrated skills and experience in providing quality financial management, accounting, tax, and strategic finance to executive teams
- You possess excellent analytical and organizational skills
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a solid foundation in fiduciary accounting standards
- You are a proven collaborator and communicator; you know how to listen and work well with experts across disciplines
- You thrive working in complex environments with many internal and external stakeholders.
- You take privacy and security seriously, and always consider them when developing solutions.
- You are excited to build a team and develop a new finance department from the ground up
- You are comfortable with ambiguity
- You are a self-starter who proactively builds and solves problems
$175,000 to $225,000 annually.
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
What we offer:
- Inspiring colleagues and an invigorating startup environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax transit and parking program and flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Brand new water-front office opening later this year with world-class perks and amenities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.