What you’ll be a part of:
DCG is a multi-billion dollar global enterprise that builds, buys, and invests in leading blockchain and digital asset companies all over the world. Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, the company’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the development of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the fintech industry, backing more than 150 companies in 35 countries.
In addition to its investment portfolio, DCG is the parent company of Genesis (a global digital asset prime brokerage), Grayscale Investments (the largest digital currency asset manager), CoinDesk (the leading media and events company in the digital asset space), Foundry (a digital asset mining and staking company), and Luno (a Bitcoin and Digital Asset Exchange).
We passionately believe bitcoin and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build the bitcoin and blockchain ecosystem over the long term. Join us and be part of the team that is transforming the future of finance.
What is the role?
We are currently hiring for a Tax Manager to work within Digital Currency Group's newest subsidiary. The new subsidiary remains in stealth mode, but will be working with the world’s leading crypto, blockchain, and DeFi entrepreneurs and investors. In this role, you will act as a tax adviser to clients, focused primarily on their annual tax compliance.
You will review previously filed returns and help provide an unbiased assessment of the quality and accuracy of prior tax filings. You will also work in coordination with the clients’ tax preparers to amend prior filings as necessary and ensure that future tax filings are completely efficiently and accurately, in particular with respect to the novel tax and reporting issues relating to a variety of crypto-related activities.
What you have to achieve
- At the end of your first month, you will have worked with clients to review recent tax filings as part of our Tax Diagnostic offering, providing an unbiased “second set of eyes” for clients with respect to their historic tax compliance.
- At the end of your third month, you will have developed a uniform process for reviewing and commenting on historic tax filings and likely will have guided some clients through the decision-making process of whether and how to amend prior tax returns, working in close coordination with clients’ tax preparers.
- At the end of your sixth month, you will be actively coordinating with clients and their tax preparers in connection with their 2021 tax compliance and will be working with the internal team to continue building out best-in-class technical expertise relating to US tax compliance for virtually all aspects of the crypto and startup ecosystems.
What we expect
Expertise in tax compliance
- 3-5 years of experience working in public accounting
- Experience working on annual tax compliance for high net-worth individuals
- Experience working with early-stage entrepreneurs
- A basic level of understanding of crypto technologies and related tax issues
Solving problems, together
- You have a natural curiosity about tax, and are eager to learn and remain up to date with constantly evolving rules affecting taxation of the crypto industry
- You are a proven collaborator and communicator; you know how to listen and work well with experts across disciplines.
- You know how to admit what you don’t know, and how to ask the right people for help.
- You thrive working in complex environments with many internal and external stakeholders.
- You take privacy and security seriously, and always consider them when developing solutions.
Excited to build from scratch
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- A self-starter who proactively identifies and develops solutions to problems
- Highly organized and able to keep multiple projects on track simultaneously
What we offer:
- Inspiring colleagues and an invigorating startup environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax transit and parking program and flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Brand new water-front office opening later this year with world-class perks and amenities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.