What you’ll be a part of:
DCG is a multi-billion dollar global enterprise that builds, buys, and invests in leading blockchain and digital asset companies all over the world. Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, the company’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the development of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the fintech industry, backing more than 150 companies in 35 countries.
In addition to its investment portfolio, DCG is the parent company of Genesis (a global digital asset prime brokerage), Grayscale Investments (the largest digital currency asset manager), CoinDesk (the leading media and events company in the digital asset space), Foundry (a digital asset mining and staking company), and Luno (a Bitcoin and Digital Asset Exchange).
We passionately believe bitcoin and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build the bitcoin and blockchain ecosystem over the long term. Join us and be part of the team that is transforming the future of finance.
About the opportunity:
We are currently interviewing for our Software Engineer to work directly with the Head of Product and SVP of Engineering for DCG’s newest subsidiary. The new subsidiary remains in stealth mode, but will be working with the world’s leading crypto, blockchain, and DeFi entrepreneurs and investors. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a founding team.
The Software Engineer will be instrumental in building our tech platform in partnership with our external development partners and in defining the system architecture. You will have responsibility for building applications, reviewing code, writing/reviewing technical specifications, and partnering with product managers and 3rd party development teams through execution.
As the second engineering hire, you will be uniquely positioned to work on defining our technology stack and architecture. You will be asked to balance security with modern Cloud technologies, ensuring our users have the best, safest experience possible.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Lead the development of our client platform, APIs/system integrations, and technical architecture
- Follow Agile practices for tracking and planning tasks
- Provide guidance and input to our agency partners as needed while ensuring code is reviewed and meets standards
- Build strong relationships with our external development agencies and partners
- Work across all phases of the software development lifecycle (design, implementation, testing, deployment, support)
- Provide analysis on vendor products advantages, limitations, and security
- Partner with product managers to identify actionable opportunities, and design solutions that positively impact our platform, resulting in a successful track record of releasing quality, adopted software
- Leverage relevant software development experience to implement best practices and faster development
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of full stack software development; experience working within financial services is a plus
- Ability to comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with engineering partners and product managers
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive
- Ability to work both independently and on a fast-paced team
- Intellectual interest in digital assets/distributed networks and how they will reshape global finance
What we offer:
- Inspiring colleagues and an invigorating startup environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax transit and parking program and flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Brand new water-front office opening later this year with world-class perks and amenities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.