What you’ll be a part of:
DCG is a multi-billion dollar global enterprise that builds, buys, and invests in leading blockchain and digital asset companies all over the world. Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, the company’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the development of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the fintech industry, backing more than 150 companies in 35 countries.
In addition to its investment portfolio, DCG is the parent company of Genesis (a global digital asset prime brokerage), Grayscale Investments (the largest digital currency asset manager), CoinDesk (the leading media and events company in the digital asset space), Foundry (a digital asset mining and staking company), and Luno (a Bitcoin and Digital Asset Exchange).
We passionately believe bitcoin and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build the bitcoin and blockchain ecosystem over the long term. Join us and be part of the team that is transforming the future of finance.
What is the role?
We are currently hiring an Associate, Portfolio Strategist to work within Digital Currency Group's newest subsidiary. The new subsidiary remains in stealth mode, but will be working with the world’s leading crypto, blockchain, and DeFi entrepreneurs and investors.
In this role, you will......
- Partner with a cutting edge software company to provide guidance for portfolio construction and trade execution
- Ensure that portfolios and strategies are at risk targets while in compliance with their investment guidelines and quickly escalate and resolve potential issues
- Rebalance portfolios for changes in strategy, flows, benchmark changes and client directed events
- Work cross-functionally with the venture and tax and estate teams to build a framework for complex, crypto-heavy client portfolios.
What we expect
Expertise in portfolio management
- 2-5 years of experience working in investment management
- Experience or demonstrated understanding of investments management, financial securities markets, advisory programs, as well as legal and regulatory requirements
Solving problems, together
- You are a proven collaborator and communicator; you know how to listen and work well with experts across disciplines.
- You know how to admit what you don’t know, and how to ask the right people for help.
- You thrive working in complex environments with many internal and external stakeholders.
- You take privacy and security seriously, and always consider them when developing solutions.
Excited to build from scratch
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- A self-starter who proactively builds and solves problems
What we offer:
- Inspiring colleagues and an invigorating startup environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax transit and parking program and flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Brand new water-front office opening later this year with world-class perks and amenities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.