We're looking for an experienced Software Developer II to help us develop and support both our customer facing technology, and our proprietary applications we use internally to deliver our stellar service. As a developer, you will help shape the future of our software as we iterate and improve our existing applications with an API-first approach. You will use your strong software engineering knowledge to help us advance multiple company initiatives and create fantastic user experiences.
The Software Developer II will report to The Engineering Manager. This position can be remote with the option of working out of our offices in the Portland, OR or Kansas City, MO metro area, or fully remote (state-dependent).
What You’ll Be Accountable For
- Developing new C# microservices, APIs, and Angular web applications as part of a Scrum team
- Maintaining and enhancing existing C# and Angular applications
- Sharing and documenting system and domain knowledge with other members of our team
- Embodying the Agile mindset and supporting the Scrum framework to help the scrum team complete their sprints and increase their velocity
- Working collaboratively with other team members, including Product Managers, UX Designers, QA Engineers, and other Software Engineers within our Scrum process to develop efficient, reusable, and reliable software.
Key Success Indicators
- You are proud of the work you do and want to work for a company that shares your values
- You are collaborative and have a reputation for doing what you say you’ll do
- Others would point to you as someone they’d love to work with, and your innovative solutions inspire us all to do great work
- You can extract big-picture ideas into workable processes and functional design
- You jump at the opportunity to pitch in and feed the greater good; no job is too big or small when you can lend a helping hand
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in Software Development
- Experience with C#/.NET background; .NET Core a plus
- Experience with front-end web frameworks/libraries, such as Angular and React
- Relational database background (MS-SQL or MySQL/MariaDB preferred)
- Experience consuming RESTful services and working in a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Familiarity with Git or another distributed version control system
- Experience with Docker/containerization, unit testing, TDD
- A growth mindset, with the desire to constantly learn - and share - new knowledge
- Angular, Angular Material, Sass
- MariaDB, MongoDB, SQL Server
Work takes place in an open office setting. It requires the ability to sit/stand and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and by computer. This position may travel between office sites occasionally.
Ruby participates in e-Verify where mandated by state or federal law, such as AZ. Feel free to ask us about this if you have any questions.
Ruby is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of work visas at this time.