HPS Investment Partners is a leading global investment firm that seeks to provide creative capital solutions and generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for our clients. We manage various strategies across the capital structure that include syndicated leveraged loans and high yield bonds to privately negotiated senior secured debt and mezzanine investments, asset-based leasing and private equity. The scale and breadth of our platform offers the flexibility to invest in companies large and small, through standard or customized solutions. At our core, we share a common thread of intellectual rigor and discipline that enables us to create value for our clients, who have entrusted us with approximately $97 billion of assets under management as of January 2023. HPS has approximately 193 investment professionals and over 550 total employees, and has fifteen offices globally.
HPS believes in the importance of giving back to its communities, and in promoting diversity and inclusivity at the firm. We are dedicated to fostering enduring community relationships, and we support our team’s community involvement through volunteer work, board service, and other contributions. In addition, environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations are central to HPS’s culture and investment processes.
We are looking for an energetic, organized, creative and hospitality oriented senior events professional to lead the strategy and execution of our in-person and digital event programs and curate experiential engagement with our clients and prospects. Operating at both a strategic and tactical level, the Manager of Events and Experiences will take ownership for all aspects of planning, in-market execution and post-market support of our global client engagement calendar. This is a unique opportunity for an innovative individual with a discerning eye for detail and an appreciation for how well executed experiences can translate into commercial opportunity to play a key role in activating the HPS brand and contributing to business growth.
What You Will Do
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Design and develop a global event and experience strategy that is aligned to our business growth goals and engages our target constituencies
- Build and own an integrated global calendar of in person and virtual events
- Drive creative development of event experiences that reinforce our brand and value proposition, inclusive of concept development, event narrative, content profile, and target audience
- Create, monitor and control event budgets and prepare periodic reports on cost and ROI
- Research, source, contract and manage venues, speakers / entertainment, food, design and production suppliers
- Project manage the event process, including creation of a project plan, preparation of contributors, coordination of client coverage personnel and management of supporting vendors
- Collaborate with business development team to actively curate audience through proactive management of screening, invitation and RSVP processes
- Coordinate with communications and marketing team to develop and design, event content, branded event collateral, invitations, environment and other marketing materials
- Utilize client and event briefings to prepare and maximize the impact of senior executives and other HPS personnel participating in event
- Act as primary point of contact for event logistics and questions, providing high-touch attendee and executive service
- Ensure smooth run day execution and a best-in-class hospitality experience for attendees
- Evaluate event outcomes against objectives and recommend areas for continued improvement
What We Are Looking For
- 7+ years of event program management experience
- Creative vision, strong communications skills and a passion for using differentiated experiential engagement to drive brand and commercial opportunity
- Expertise in managing event vendors, partners, service providers and venues
- Experience creating and executing successful digital events (e.g. hybrid events, virtual events.).
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, keen attention to detail and a strong understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Collaborative partnership approach and the ability to work effectively on a cross-functional basis
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-confidence, enthusiasm and a hospitality mindset
- Results-orientation, business acumen and strong negotiation skills
- Creative problem solver and conclusive decision maker
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite, Photoshop or InDesign, CVENT or event management software, Salesforce or CRM system
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to travel or work evenings, as needed, to support events
The base salary range for this position is $150,000 - $200,000 but may vary based on various factors including job function, experience and geographic location. This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
HPS Investment Partners is an equal opportunity employer. HPS does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, national origin, color, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, ancestry, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- New York, New York
- Full-time, Exempt
- 3/2 hybrid split (M/F work from home, T-Th work from office) subject to event schedule