Who Are We?
At HoYoverse, we are committed to creating immersive virtual world experiences for players around the world. In addition to game products such as Genshin Impact, Honkai Impact 3rd, Tears of Themis, and Honkai: Star Rail, HoYoverse also launched the dynamic desktop software N0va Desktop, the community product HoYoLAB, and created a variety of products such as animations, comics, music, novels, and merchandise around our original creative concept.
Adhering to our mission of Tech Otakus Save the World, we have always been committed to technology research and development, exploring cutting-edge technologies, and have accumulated leading technical capabilities in cartoon rendering, artificial intelligence, cloud gaming technology, and other fields.
HoYoverse is actively engaged in globalization, with offices in Singapore, Montreal, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Seoul, and other areas.
What You Will Do:
- Direct voice-over sessions to capture the emotional essence of each character, ensuring the recording content meets the expected quality.
- Collaborate with the development team and audio design team to ensure that from pre-recording content interpretation, on-site recording guidance, to post-production editing and special effects stages, all meet the expected quality standards.
- Collaborate with the development team, localization team, voice-over project manager, and the audio production team to ensure the recording schedule, budget, and overall output quality.
- Ensure the timely delivery of high-quality voice-over recordings.
- Review and approve final voice-over mixes.
- Stay updated on industry trends, techniques, and technology related to voice-over production, while maintaining a solid talent network.
- Helping to develop and expand our talent database globally.
- Shaping and managing the department’s overall casting workflow, including collecting voice samples, organizing in-person and remote auditions where needed, and conduct auditions to evaluate voice talent and find the right match for each character.
- Schedule multilingual recording sessions with talent agents and recording studios globally.
- Create and track talent paperwork for recording sessions, ensuring compliance with localization and translation standards.
- Manages diverse voice-over requirements across multiple projects, while proactively identifying and mitigating potential risks to ensure optimal localization quality and workflow efficiency.
What We Are Looking For:
- Over 5 years of relevant work experience as a voice-over director, including but not limited to projects in television, film, gaming, or other interactive entertainment. (Demo reel required)
- Having participated in the complete project voice-over production lifecycle, and familiar with the full process and related standards.
- Having a nuanced comprehension of the underlying conventions and operational intricacies within the voice-over industry.
- Bachelor's degree or above, preferably in a field related to film and television industry or audio creation.
- Familiar with game development processes, especially those involving multilingual production processes and standards.
- Having a solid talent network in the entertainment industry, spanning different fields such as television, film, animation, gaming, interactive entertainment, etc.
- Passionate about the ACGN culture, love for games, rich gaming experience, proficient in understanding the textual style and voice-over style of various types of games, possessing literary, artistic, multimedia appreciation ability, and an in-depth level of character understanding;
- Understanding the players' preferences, especially the ACGN community;
- Possessing excellent information retrieval, extraction, consolidation abilities, and the ability to learn new things;
- Possessing excellent teamwork, communication, and execution abilities; diligent, meticulous, and responsible in work with a strong self-drive;
- Having an in-depth understanding of audio knowledge, and the ability to apply theory to practice is preferred;
- Familiarity with third-party audio middleware (like Wwise, Fmod), and proficiency in using voice editing software (like Reaper) is preferred.
The base pay range for this position is $70,000 to $150,000 USD per year. Actual pay is based on location and may vary depending on relevant knowledge, skills, and experience from the candidate. Total compensation may include salary, company bonuses, sign-on bonuses, relocation package, and other benefits such as:
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your dependents
- Generous paid time off
- 401K / RRSP plan
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- Team-building activities throughout the year
- Flexible working hours
Do We Support Flexible Work?
Yes, as a remote team across North American time zones, we embrace flexible working. You may choose to work remotely, in-offices or hybrid, for a more flexible lifestyle that suits you best. Our offices are located in downtown Montreal and downtown Santa Monica, surrounded by great restaurants, entertainment, and cultural venues.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds are key to bringing our concepts to life. If you're looking to play a key role in creating the best immersive virtual world experience for our users, we invite you to join our team.