Howl is a new marketplace designed for creators and brands who crave transparent collaboration.
In the last 10 years, the $20bn influencer ecommerce market has become a critical part of the retail industry. It has evolved into social commerce, a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) requiring new tools, protocols, and technologies for the creator economy. Howl’s tools are designed for humans who know that scale and growth come from working together with consistency and transparency. Howl makes it easy, reliable and motivating to earn even more. That’s what makes Howl the home planet for creator-led growth.
Howl is a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our private beta launched in mid-2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
For more information, visit www.planethowl.com.
About the Role
Howl is looking for a Head of Creator Business Development that will lead the creator acquisition function by defining its processes, building out the right infrastructure and overseeing an existing team of creator sales directors and BDM’s. This is an architect (and first in seat) role, centered around standing up the right GTM and pipeline building strategies while standing up a team to execute these strategies. In this role, you’ll act as player-coach, and build the play book for successful creator acquisition for both enterprise and mid-market commerce creators–creators who are passionate about sharing product reviews with their audiences. The right candidate has a passion for growing revenue and helping to identify new revenue opportunities/streams; outstanding ability to define and execute a strategic vision; and a willingness to execute the tactics. Successful candidates will bring passion for creator commerce space, and have an understanding of eCommerce and performance.
The impact you’ll have:
- Own and develop strategic planning that drives creator acquisition on Howl and revenue growth
- Coach and manage an effective team that converts an active and growing pipeline
- Set up the right sales playbook that enable our sales and business development teams
- Work across teams and collaborate with product, product marketing, enterprise sales and brand partnerships to ensure and align on the right priorities
- Architect and deliver on KPI’s that directly contribute to company revenue
The expertise you bring:
- Analytical problem solver
- You’ve lead teams; thru building, managing, coaching and performance management
- You’re comfortable owning strategic positioning, testing and pivoting your pitch to creators, testing incentives, and owning the outcome
- You have experience working with creators and you understand the commerce content landscape
- Demonstrated excellence in sales & revenue management, forecasting, and achieving aggressive goals
- Ability to frame business problems, design and execute analyses to inform solutions, and communicate insights with a bias towards action
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The base salary range for this role is $225,000 yr - $250,000/yr USD. This is not inclusive of variable compensation typical for a sales leader.
At Howl, we offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of base salary, incentive pay and stock options. Incentive awards are allocated based on individual performance. Certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.