Howl is a new marketplace designed for creators and brands who crave transparent collaboration.
In the last 10 years, the $20bn influencer ecommerce market has become a critical part of the retail industry. It has evolved into social commerce, a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) requiring new tools, protocols, and technologies for the creator economy. Howl’s tools are designed for humans who know that scale and growth come from working together with consistency and transparency. Howl makes it easy, reliable and motivating to earn even more. That’s what makes Howl the home planet for creator-led growth.
Howl is a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our private beta launched in mid-2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
For more information, visit www.planethowl.com.
About the Role
We are building out our Product Marketing team and are hiring our first Product Marketing Manager to own the Brand side of our marketplace. In this position, you will play a crucial role in developing a world-class platform that enables brands to collaborate with creators at scale and generate editorial content that grows sales and drives new customers across every social platform.
You should be an experienced product marketer, balancing having a strategic mindset to solve complex problems and the ability to drive hands-on execution at the speed of a high-paced startup. You are curious to go deep on user insights and developing and iterating on hypotheses to help build exceptional products and/or features. You are data-driven and bring an analytical mindset to solve business and marketing problems. You love bringing stories to life through crisp and emotional messaging and are excited to craft our narrative, develop messaging & positioning, and build target personas & user journeys. You are an effective communicator and cross-functional partner, and can bring to life our messaging and GTM plans to brands in close collaboration with Sales, Partnerships, and B2B Marketing functions.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will:
- Drive the product marketing and go-to-market strategy of Howl’s brand side of the marketplace, working hand-in-hand with Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, Sales and Marketing to craft an insights-driven product roadmap.
- Develop a deep understanding of brands and marketers needs through qualitative and quantitative research, customer conversations, feedback from brand-facing sales and partnership teams, and deep data analysis to understand their pain points, use cases, and preferences.
- Drive efforts on segmentation, targeting, and positioning for Howl with brands, creating thoughtful messaging and narratives that drive new and existing brands’ attention and interest.
- Drive our mid-market brand acquisition and growth strategy, leveraging various marketing and sales channels, partnering with our field teams to execute and iterate on our plans.
- Develop and execute our product-led growth strategy to drive brand funnel improvements, education, and brand <> creators connections in our product.
We’re Excited About You Because:
- 8+ years of relevant B2B product marketing or general marketing experience; track record of owning marketing strategy for lines of business or products.
- Excellent communication capabilities and the ability to work across both highly technical and highly creative teams, with effective cross-functional influence.
- Proven experience influencing product development and product strategy using both quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Deep customer obsession, with a knack of spending time in the field to build a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to flex between high-level strategy and deep execution, in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to develop and orchestrate highly XFN go-to-market efforts and drive B2B marketing initiatives, including but not limited to awareness efforts, lead generation and qualification, sales messaging, and scaled and high-touch education and growth efforts.
- Deep content-writing experience to support the creation of foundational marketing experiences: e.g., demos, website content, demand gen assets, videos, events/webinar content, etc.
- Expertise working in the affiliate marketing, ads, and/or marketing technology space, working directly with brands and marketers (this is a "nice to have").
The base salary range for this role is $170,000/yr - $200,000/yr USD. At Howl, we offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of base salary, incentive pay and stock options. Incentive awards are allocated based on individual performance. Certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Howl is a fully remote organization.
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.