Howl is the creator platform for social commerce. We build tools for brands and creators to sell more products across every social platform, together.
In the last 10 years, the $20bn influencer ecommerce market has become a critical part of the retail industry. Social commerce is a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) and requires new tools, protocols, and technologies.
Howl allows creators and brands to run experiments on what products to talk about and how best to talk about them. Paired with data delivered at the speed of social, creator financing for products, and feedback loops delivered in a beautifully designed platform, Howl takes the guesswork out of selling products on social platforms.
Howl’s mission is to reduce barriers for creators and brands to build social commerce businesses. We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our beta launched in mid 2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
For more information, visit www.planethowl.com.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an Enterprise Sales Development Representative. SDRs are the first line of communication with new prospects and a critical part of every sales team. Top-performing SDRs excel at writing, researching, establishing new relationships, and most importantly, learning. As Howl enters its next stage of growth, there's a significant opportunity to grow within this function and progress your career while working with top ecommerce brands and retailers.
How you’ll make an impact
- Generate, retain, and engage a high volume of new sales leads for the ecommerce sales team
- Prioritize opportunities and mobilize the appropriate internal resources to help accelerate our sales cycles
- Research major enterprise ecommerce businesses to understand the key players
- Strategize outreach to get meetings with C-level and VP-level executives
- Learn critical skills and assist in the sales process with meeting preparation, follow-up, and closing
- In to progress to closing role or another role at the company
What you’ll bring
- Excellent written communication. You can write a killer email that moves people to respond.
- Intelligence, curiosity, and drive to succeed in a tech startup and sales career
- Tenacity and persistence. You’ll hear no (or nothing) quite a lot
- Openness to coaching and training.
- Knowledge of ecommerce, the creator economy, or the advertising landscape are all a plus.
- You have a track record of success with executing on outreach strategies for enterprise level prospects and/or experience closing deals at a mid-market or SMB caliber
- Drive to understand the needs of our current clients and prospects, owning all documentation (capturing use cases, lead scores, purchase timeframes, and next steps)
A Note When Applying
- A core tenet of this role is getting the attention of key stakeholders in writing. Please include a brief note with your resume about why you’re interested in Howl and while you’re an ideal fit for this position.
The base salary range for this role is $65,000 - $80,000 + commission.
At Howl, we offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of base salary, incentive pay and stock options. Incentive awards are allocated based on individual performance. Certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Howl is a fully remote organization.
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.