Howl is the creator platform for social commerce. We build tools for brands and creators to sell more products across every social platform, together.
In the last 10 years, the $20bn influencer ecommerce market has become a critical part of the retail industry. It has evolved into social commerce, a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) requiring new tools, protocols, and technologies.
Howl enables creators and brands to run experiments on what products to talk about and how best to talk about them. Paired with data delivered at the speed of social, creator financing for products, and feedback loops delivered in a beautifully designed platform, Howl takes the guesswork out of selling products on social platforms.
Howl’s mission is to reduce barriers for creators and brands to build social commerce businesses. We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our beta launched in mid 2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
For more information, visit www.planethowl.com.
About the Role
Inspired by the design practices of great technology platforms, our design principles are rooted in Howl’s mission and values.
Our Mission: We are eliminating barriers for creators and brands in social commerce.
Our Values: Integrity. Excellence. Service. Exploration.
Design at Howl will unleash imagination, foster experimentation, and bring together diverse teams and diverse thinking. With a massive market opportunity in front of us, we have entered an exciting stage of growth that created the need for a dynamic design talent to join our team. We are looking for a Senior Product (UI / UX) Designer to help build our core product, our social commerce platform. This role will eventually report into our VP, Design and work alongside a growing team of 6 designers. You will thrive in our environment if you are excited about fast paced growth and change!
What You’ll Do & How You’ll Make an Impact
- Own UI / UX design across an end-to-end social commerce journey that is intuitive and low friction. This will entail designing both web and mobile (Native) components of our platform
- Implement a discovery process that identifies what resonates with existing and potential customers
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data that helps ground your decisions in real data, marketplace needs & norms, and business OKRs
- Develop and convey ideas clearly in a written and visual format, clearly demonstrating how your designs solve customers' problems or add value to their lives
- Work closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leadership to drive the Howl brand vision
- Create wireframes, user flows, and high-fidelity designs
- Create, update and maintain a deep understanding of our UI styles, patterns, and standardized elements and interactions
- Quality check developed products for alignment to visual design specification, and provide feedback to engineering towards revisions
- Build/maintain design system and libraries to ensure product-wide visual consistency
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of experience as a UX and/or UI Designer in consumer facing platforms (ideally PLG organizations)
- Thoughtful user interface and interaction design skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience building and shipping multiple features that are broad in scope and encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms
- Exceptional design velocity, ability and willingness to work quickly and iterate through multiple “rough” versions to quickly validate ideas and drive conversation
- Proficiency with Figma, Invision, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Comfortable in an Agile/Scrum Team structure
- Experience building a UI design library and style guide
Note: Please submit a link along with any passwords required to view your portfolio along with your application.
The base salary range for this role is [$170,000/yr - $210,000/yr USD].
At Howl, we offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of base salary, incentive pay and stock options. Incentive awards are allocated based on individual performance. Certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Howl is a fully remote organization!
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.