Howl is the creator platform for social commerce. We build tools for brands and creators to sell more products across every social platform, together.
In the last 10 years, the $20bn influencer ecommerce market has become a critical part of the retail industry. Social commerce is a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) and requires new tools, protocols, and technologies.
Howl allows creators and brands to run experiments on what products to talk about and how best to talk about them. Paired with data delivered at the speed of social, creator financing for products, and feedback loops delivered in a beautifully designed platform, Howl takes the guesswork out of selling products on social platforms.
Howl’s mission is to reduce barriers for creators and brands to build social commerce businesses. We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our beta launched in mid 2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
For more information, visit www.planethowl.com.
Howl is scaling quickly and looking to hire a passionate, results-oriented Senior Director to partner with senior-level strategy and marketing stakeholders at key accounts to drive growth and accomplish strategic objectives through performance-driven organic content.
As a Senior Brand Partnerships Director, you will partner with high growth brands & retailers in one or more verticals, including Beauty, Fashion, Home, Tech and Gaming.
You’ll be on the forefront of performance marketing as Howl is fundamentally opening a new acquisition channel for marketers that blends the best of brand and performance. We operate at a massive scale - your work will directly influence millions of dollars of revenue for some of the most well-known companies in e-commerce. You'll work directly with our clients and their stakeholders to understand their marketing goals and be a partner for them in building a strategy for execution using the Howl technology.
This is a unique opportunity to build and grow a core business segment at Howl and have a fundamental impact on the success of a rapidly growing startup. In this role, you will additionally have the opportunity to build, lead and mentor a team (serve as Player - Coach) to grow your category, while working to build and operationalize our go to market strategy and product roadmap.
Brand Partnerships is the heartbeat of Howl’s revenue growth so you are the right fit for this role if you have the curiosity to learn and the hunger to make an outsized impact. You see ambiguity and obstacles as opportunities to build something new. You take full ownership of initiatives and are proactive about capturing new opportunities. You prefer to be a big fish (whether the pond is small or big) and make as big of a splash as possible.
How you'll make an impact
- Own top-line account health and revenue goals for your collection of clients across brands & retailers, identifying opportunities for growth and operationalizing them in order to set and hit ambitious goals for platform marketing spend
- Partner with client stakeholders on marketing teams at category-leading brands and retailers such as Best Buy and Sephora to understand their goals and co-create strategies
- Develop a keen understanding of what drives organic content with publishers and social commerce creators and work to bridge the gap between brand and creator leveraging technology
- Use data-driven insights to identify opportunities for campaign and partner testing on the Howl platform
- Conceptualize and execute campaigns and strategies using the Howl technology to help clients grow their share of product recommendations
- Influence Product Roadmap, working with the product team to size and prioritize key feature development as well as provide input on user experience and flow
- Oversee subscription renewals on SaaS contracts
- Serve as the client’s primary point of contact, helping to drive loyalty, stickiness, and an excellent client experience end-to-end
- Build, manage, and coach a small team of Growth Directors and/or Associates, including regular 1:1s, radical candor feedback, performance reviews, and career planning conversations
What you'll bring
- Domain expertise in a combination of the following preferred: DTC Marketing Strategy (including a keen understanding of PR, Influencer, and Affiliate and Performance Marketing tactics as well as challenges and returns across the marketing funnel), Growth Strategy, Brand Partnerships, Digital/Technical Customer Success or Client Management, experience in a high-growth tech startup, experience with SaaS marketing technology
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with clients, including senior stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills: you use data to draw insights and make decisions
- High-level of comfort building Excel models and working with large data sets to distill a lot of information into clear and actionable insights
- Equal parts strategic and operational — you love to roll up your sleeves and dive into account strategy and campaign set-ups when necessary
- Thrive in a matrix organization and comfortable working with cross functional teammates at all levels
- Product obsession in the category you’ll own
- Bonus: Experience managing a high-performance team
Howl is a remote first organization.
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.