Howl is the creator platform for social commerce. We build tools for brands and creators to sell more products across every social platform, together.
In the last 10 years, the $20bn influencer ecommerce market has become a critical part of the retail industry. Social commerce is a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) and requires new tools, protocols, and technologies.
Howl allows creators and brands to run experiments on what products to talk about and how best to talk about them. Paired with data delivered at the speed of social, creator financing for products, and feedback loops delivered in a beautifully designed platform, Howl takes the guesswork out of selling products on social platforms.
Howl’s mission is to reduce barriers for creators and brands to build social commerce businesses. We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our beta launched in mid 2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
For more information, visit www.planethowl.com.
What You'll Do
- Build test automation frameworks that can be embedded into continuous integration and development process,
- Work with the SRE team to set up infrastructure for load testing and regression testing system,
- Work with senior engineers and tech leads in designing and implementing test plans and automation - read the code base and collaborate as a peer with the development team,
- Build tools and automation to help software engineers and test engineers test, monitor, and create test environments,
- Craft comprehensive test plans, and define the test and quality guild of practice,
- Support high software quality, reliability, maintainability, stability, and security within a microservices oriented system,
- Understand risk management and cost/benefit analysis for the testing process - how to prioritize the most effective tests,
- Knowledge of project management practices and the ability to document processes and procedures.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test
- Experience with either manual or automation testing
- Ability to diagnose and debug complex distributed systems
- Working knowledge of industry standards test automation tools
- Experience with cloud providers and their services
- Understanding of Linux internals, Docker, Kubernetes, networking, storage, and observability standards
- Dedication to continuing professional development
- Strong communication and organizational skills, motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A bachelor’s or better degree in computer science or software engineering -or-
- A bachelor’s or better degree in a STEM discipline plus substantial software engineering experience
Important Notice: Howl is a fully remote organization!
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.