Howl is a creator platform for the customer centric and product obsessed. Creators of every size use Howl’s commerce and payments technology to get better rates and easy payments for their big ideas. Creators on Howl earn more when they open doors for others, and have the tools to turn their craft into a business.
We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Howl builds so millions more creators can bring their talent, magic, and service to shoppers around the world.
What You’ll Do
Howl is looking for a Principal Product Manager to reimagine how our users do their work: from marketers at the hottest brands and retailers; to writers, editors, and creators who write the internet’s most trusted recommendations.
The ideal candidate brings together creativity, user empathy, an analytical mindset, and a focus on execution that can change the trajectory of Howl's platform and product team.
We follow the empowered PM model, and are looking for very senior talent who has worked in environments like this before. Previous management experience is preferred, although this role does not have management responsibilities (and this is ideally appealing to you). Total compensation will be competitive for your level of experience.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You have helped us reimagine how creators do their work, building a platform that transforms the complex into simple; raw data into usable insights. Both adoption and satisfaction of your product is high.
- You have helped transform Howl into a fully tech-driven company, building a platform that has created a healthier ecosystem of product recommendations on the internet.
What You’ll Bring
- Track record of success: Has built an end-to-end experience that people currently use and generates revenue.
- Product sense: Can think big while delivering. Has curiosity when knowledge is incomplete.
- Backbone / building trust: Has a point of view, is willing to share it, has ability to persuade, is willing to disagree and commit.
- Adaptability: Has worked in a fast-paced environment — bringing well-worn frameworks to the table and the confidence to break from them when necessary.
- Grit and growth mentality: Has the drive to push through tough situations and the maturity to learn from mistakes.
- Insists on the highest standards: Sets and enforces a high bar for those around them. They act on behalf of the entire company, not just their own team or themselves.
- Structured thinking and communication: Able to walk people through complex decisions, both verbally and in writing.
Baseline: Proven product experience. Knowledge of lean development processes.
Bonus: Experience in managing platforms in complex ecosystems, such as ad tech (e.g., Google, AppNexus, OpenX), social enterprise platforms (LinkedIn, Unified Social, Wildfire) , media platforms (Spotify, YouTube, Netflix), eCommerce platforms or marketplaces (Amazon)
Important Notice: Howl is a fully remote organization!
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.