Howl is a creator platform for the customer centric and product obsessed. Creators of every size use Howl’s commerce and payments technology to get better rates and easy payments for their big ideas. Creators on Howl earn more when they open doors for others, and have the tools to turn their craft into a business.
We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Howl builds so millions more creators can bring their talent, magic, and service to shoppers around the world.
What You’ll Do
Howl is looking to hire a Principal Solutions Engineer to oversee the full scope of sales engineering and solutions design for our clients. This is a unique opportunity to have a fundamental impact on the success of a rapidly growing startup by ensuring successful integrations in collaboration with market-leading retailers and publishers.
To be successful in this role, you must have the right combination of strategy, technical, sales, and operational skills. You will be expected to help set the strategy and approach to effectively and efficiently serve a rapidly growing base of merchant clients and publisher partners.
You will collaborate closely with our sales teams as a technology evangelist and subject matter expert to differentiate Howl to prospective customers and help clients understand the value - explaining technical features, scoping and evaluating client needs, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Collaborate with senior business and technical decision makers to understand business objectives and demonstrate the value proposition of Howl
- Set a new standard for understanding, navigating, and developing strategies to resolve technical blockers with a full-scope understanding of internal implications in mind
- Provide in-depth subject matter expertise to support the technical relationship with prospective customers, including product and solution briefings and proof-of-concept work
- Partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and support product integrations in customer/partner environments
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices
- Drive operational excellence as it relates to integrations and solutions at Howl - setting and managing to goals related to client success and efficiency
- You’ll learn how to partner strategically with Product and Revenue teams - help create and collaborate on the roadmap and strategy for integrations at Howl
- You’ll learn how to both close deals and set them up for success and work in an environment with highly complex deal structures
What You’ll bring
- Experience as a solutions architect, technical consultant, or technical sales engineer is required (i.e., client facing technical experience)
- Implementation experience with a SaaS or media technology platform
- Experience delivering technical pitches to executive audiences
- Demonstrated consulting skills and an ability to present complex topics to both business executives and technical audiences
- Ability to coordinate technical team resources by identifying necessary team member skills required, assemble as appropriate, and orchestrate customer engagement technical strategy.
- Experience in, and understanding of, data and information management as it relates to enterprise SaaS implementations and integrations.
- Experience answering cyber security and regulatory compliance questions and demonstrated ability to address client privacy and information security concerns.
- Experience managing and building a team. This includes, people management and development as well as building a proactive infrastructure for your team and function.
- Experience selling technology tools to publishing companies and/or retailers
- Has existing relationships with media companies or retailers
- Deep passion for improving the online product search experience for shoppers
Howl is a fully remote organization.
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.