Howl is a creator platform for the customer centric and product obsessed. Creators of every size use Howl’s commerce and payments technology to get better rates and easy payments for their big ideas. Creators on Howl earn more when they open doors for others, and have the tools to turn their craft into a business.
We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Howl builds so millions more creators can bring their talent, magic, and service to shoppers around the world.
What you'll do
Howl is scaling quickly and looking to hire passionate, results-oriented leaders to build and grow various categories across our Brand Partnerships team including "Mobile" and "Home".
This is a unique opportunity to lead and grow a core business segment at Howl and have a fundamental impact on the success of a rapidly growing startup. In this role, you will build, lead and mentor a team (serve as Player - Coach) to grow a category, while working to operationalize our go to market strategy and growth strategy.
Brand Partnerships will be the heartbeat of Howl's revenue growth so you are the right fit for this role if you have the hunger to make an outsized impact. You see ambiguity and obstacles as opportunities to build something new. You take full ownership of initiatives and are proactive about capturing new opportunities. You prefer to be a big fish (whether the pond is small or big) and make as big of a splash as possible.
How you'll make an impact
- Build, manage, and coach a team of Brand Partnership Senior Directors, Directors and/or managers including regular 1:1s, radical candor feedback in the moment, performance reviews, and career planning conversations
- Design and implement the Brand Partnerships standard processes, tools and playbooks to enable scalable growth of brands and creators
- Lead and assist team on how to communicate any challenges during client relationship
- Intake customer opportunities and challenges, structure problem statements and solutions to resolve challenge or capture opportunity while understanding when to escalate or partner cross-functionally
- Own top-line revenue goals for your category, identifying opportunities for growth and operationalizing them in order to set and hit ambitious goals for platform marketing spend in your category
- Partner with senior client stakeholders on marketing and executive teams at category-leading brands and retailers such as Best Buy and Sephora
- Build category expertise in order to understand the category trends, insights, and goals across retailers, brands, publishers, and creators
- Partner cross-functionally with Howl's product/engineering team to ensure customer’s needs are known and prioritized to drive development of best-in-class solutions
What you'll bring
- Experience in any of the following is preferred: Digital/Performance Marketing Customer Success, high-growth tech startup, e-commerce performance marketing, SaaS
- Experience managing a high-performance team
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills: you use data to draw insights and make decisions
- Equal parts strategic and operational — willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into account strategy and campaign set-ups when necessary
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with clients, including senior stakeholders
- Thrive in a matrix organization and comfortable working with cross functional teammates at all levels
- Enthusiasm or interest in the category you will own
- Bonus: Experience managing and/or growing SaaS contracts or performance marketing accounts
Howl is a fully remote organization.
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.