Our Mission 🌏🏡:
To create the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry — To help people with housing, anywhere.
The team (Input from HMs)
- You will be part of the Finance team which consists of 15 people and reporting to the VP Finance
- Manage the accounting team members to ensure compliance and accuracy and hire more accounting team members when necessary.
- Manage and oversee the daily accounting operations and accounting data in Twinfield and be engaged in potential ERP selection & implementation.
- Execute and supervise end-of-period closing processes and support the analysis of the periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts. Take the full ownership of handling explicit deadlines of accounting processes.
- Proactively perform hands-on tasks and responsibilities (ex. monthly journal entries, reconciling various sub-ledger to general ledger account balances, monthly balance sheet, tax reporting, etc.) when necessary.
- Develop documents in all financial books and records as well as reports on all accounting related matters including revenue processes and taxation matters.
- Establish internal control procedures including risk management and keep updating the procedures based on the reviews and assessments.
- Audit accounts to ensure compliance with accounting financial regulations.
- Work with internal stakeholders across the business areas in supporting their financial activities, guiding them through the financial process, and interpreting the progress, implications of financial outcomes.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders in all matters to guarantee the success of auditing and taxation.
- Drive and/or participate in company finance projects that will improve business’ overall financial performance and process efficiency based on the audit findings.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of accounting methods and principles as well as tax compliance requirements in the global market context.
What does success look like?
Actively work on and supervise the efficiency and accuracy of the overall accounting tasks in order to contribute and improve the company's financial performances and processes.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a relevant position including 1-2 years of management experience
- Experience working in a fast pace and challenging environment such a Tech Scale-up or an SME
- Experience working with auditors and being the main point of contact
- Experience working with Twinfield accounting tool is a plus
- Educational background in Accounting. A Masters degree will be a plus
- Experience in implementing or being part of implementing an ERP system is a plus
- Affinity with Dutch GAAP and IFRS
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Fluent in English, Dutch is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited holiday policy!
- Personal development budget of 1,000 EUR per year.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam.
- Beer & Cheers every Friday.
- We will support your relocation process (e.g., flights and VISA)
- Starting: January/February 2023
- Full-time position (40 hours a week)
- You will work from our HQs in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, but with the flexibility to work remotely when needed.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Welcome Everyone. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere!
HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace. Through our advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. Based on the past 12 months performance, our business represents 20 million+ annual unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 65,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe. Global talents, including young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we are a team of 200+ people and we are focused on 39 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to expand our footprint rapidly.