HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest rental accommodation marketplace. With the full ownership of Kamernet and the acquisition of majority stakes of Studapart, the company represents 20 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 96,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe, based on the 2021 performance. Young professionals and students, mostly aged between 18 and 35, looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers; ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants typically book for longer stays outside of their country of origin and rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. The company aims to help 130,000+ people find a home in Europe in 2022. The Rotterdam-based technology scale-up currently employs 260 people.
Our Mission 🌏🏡:
To digitise the whole lifecycle of the rental accommodation industry by creating the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry.
— To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Vision 💻✨
Building a safe, efficient and global rental marketplace for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values 💛
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced UX design lead to join our Payments team. This role is a mix of design leadership responsibilities and working as a hands-on product designer.
On the one hand, you will take ownership of the UX for our Payments domain. You will research, analyse, and design user interfaces for our Payments product to ensure the best user experience for both tenants and landlords. We expect you to have a strong eye for detail and a thorough systems-thinking mindset. You’ll also be keen on working in an agile environment with short, fast-paced design iterations followed by validating your solutions with the users.
On the other hand, you will lead, support, and mentor a small team of 2–3 UX designers in a fun but professional style to help them improve their skills.
- Take responsibility for the entire design process in the Payments product team, from initial research, ideation, conceptualisation and design, to testing and validation.
- Own and drive the UX metrics for your team. Be conscious of how your design solutions impact the user experience outcomes for the users.
- Mentor a high-performing team of designers that thrives on delivering exceptional user experiences. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement.
- Be an ambassador for design thinking and experience design towards internal stakeholders and teams.
- Facilitate design workshops together with colleagues from UX and other teams.
- Deeply understand user needs. Support the team with user research and lead with user-centric design by absorbing customer feedback and insights received across all channels.
- Proactively identify opportunities for UX improvements in your domain, collaborating closely with product owners, engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure a high-quality and consistent user experience and visual language for the Payments domain.
- Communicate product design ideas to cross-functional teams and leadership.
- At least 6 years of experience in the UX design field, including 3 years of experience working within a product company.
- Experience in research-led product development combined with a proactive attitude.
- Experience building up, managing, and mentoring a team of designers.
- Demonstrated experience in being able to evolve and innovate design processes.
- Great understanding of both business needs and tech constraints and reflecting this in your design.
- Skilled in conceptual and detailed design, visualising complex ideas into a coherent flow and transforming it into elegant visual interfaces.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- A portfolio featuring UX (wireframes/prototypes/other UX artefacts) and visual design work
What's in it for you? 📈🍻
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year!
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work.
- Work with a goal-oriented, diverse and inclusive team! Think 160+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- We will support your relocation process (e.g., flights and VISA)
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse yourself in the Dutch culture.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee, snacks, fruits, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don't care about what you wear. You're welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won't judge you!
- Company discount on Gym membership in the Netherlands.
- Variable pension scheme from January 2022.
- 10% of work time for personal development.