Our Mission 🌏🏡:
To create the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry — To help people with housing, anywhere.
You will be part of the Finance team and reporting to the VP Finance
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
What does success look like?
- Build strong and constructive working relationships within the Finance team as well as within the company, is unafraid to engage in honest and open dialog around critical internal issues and continuously looking for process improvements.
- Communicates often and shares the common goal of “getting things right” and avoiding surprises.
- Enjoys being hands-on and is happy with that as an ongoing part of the job, comfortably working both as a preparer and a reviewer. Willing to do work proactively to get the job done.
- 7-10 years of relevant working experience as a Controller or a comparable position
- University degree. HBO, BSc or equivalent
- Being a Certified or Chartered Accountant and/or Controller is a plus
- Experience working in an auditing firm (Big 4 or Small 5) would be considered a plus
- Experience in consolidating financial figures and management reporting
- Experience in IFRS and Dutch GAAP
- Deep understanding of cash flows, budgeting and business modelling
- Experience in optimising and improving business processes
- Excellent problem solving skills. Being able to identify the issue, coming up with solutions, implementing those solutions, and evaluating their effectiveness.
- Experience implementing an ERP system and exposure in payment service providers is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Ideally based or willing to relocate to The Netherlands
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited holiday policy!
- Personal development budget of 1,000 EUR per year.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam.
- Beer & Cheers every Friday.
- We will support your relocation process (e.g., flights and VISA)
- Starting: November/December 2022
- Full-time position (40 hours a week)
- You will work from our HQs in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, but with the flexibility to work remotely when needed.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Welcome Everyone. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere!
HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace. Through our advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. Based on the past 12 months performance, our business represents 20 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 65,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe. Global talents, including young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we are a team of 200 people and we are focused on 39 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to expand our footprint rapidly.