Our Mission 🌏🏡:
To digitise the whole lifecycle of the rental accommodation industry by creating the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry.
— To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Values 💛
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on and data-informed product owner who will become responsible for the entire customer journey of our tenants in our marketplace, as part of our Marketplace team. This means you take ownership of our potential tenants journey starting from first site visit, to contacting landlords, to booking a place to live.
In this role, you will be a part of a cross-functional team that consists of a dedicated UX designer, a Team Lead and engineers. You will own the team's backlog and guide the team to ensure what they are working on is always the best use of their time. Next to that, you will be working with the Product Manager Marketplace to contribute to the marketplace vision and create detailed goals for your team to achieve that vision.
HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest rental accommodation marketplace. With the full ownership of Kamernet and the acquisition of majority stakes of Studapart, the company represents 20 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 96,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe, based on the 2021 performance. Young professionals and students, mostly aged between 18 and 35, looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers; ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants typically book for longer stays outside of their country of origin and rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. The company aims to help 130,000+ people find a home in Europe in 2022. The Rotterdam-based technology scale-up currently employs 260 people.
- Prioritisation: you make the final decisions on what the team needs to be working on next. You are not afraid to give ‘no’ as an answer.
- Stakeholder management: you will be the point of contact for other departments and other product teams. You keep them up to date about the progress of the team, and proactively reach out when plans change. You can easily explain why we prioritise A over B.
- Understand customer needs: you understand how customers use our product and what problems they have through direct feedback, communicating closely with other departments, and analytics.
- Monitor product performance: within your domain, you have a clear understanding of the most important product metrics. You monitor these metrics, use them as input for product prioritization, and use them to validate the impact of product changes.
- Requirements elicitation: you can turn problems into clear specifications for your team, and do so in an agile fashion.
- Backlog management: you make sure the team’s backlog is always filled, groomed and prioritised.
- Product evaluation: you take a primary role in evaluating the product at each stage of development to ensure the solutions being built keep the customer needs in focus.
- Preferably 5 years of experience in a Product owner/management role, of which at least 3 years have been in a customer-facing (B2C) role.
- Experience working on a two-sided marketplace is a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment is a plus.
- You are a product-oriented person: you love developing beautiful yet simple products that help people.
- You are a true problem solver and are analytical.
- You have a growth mindset: you are curious by nature and always want to learn.
- You have experience with running A/B tests.
- You are data-informed. Experience with event-based analytics tools such as Mixpanel or Amplitude is a big plus.
- You have experience working with designers, conducting research and have basic UX/UI knowledge.
- You possess a critical mindset.
- You are customer-centric: the user is your most important stakeholder.
- You possess strong communication- and interpersonal skills.
What's in it for you? 📈🍻
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year!
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work.
- Work with a goal-oriented, diverse and inclusive team! Think 160+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- We will support your relocation process (e.g., flights and VISA)
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse yourself in the Dutch culture.
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don't care about what you wear. You're welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won't judge you!
- Company discount on Gym membership in the Netherlands.
- Variable pension scheme.
- 10% of work time for personal development.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- An opportunity to work remotely or on-site at our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Relocation package with visa sponsorship provided
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Welcome Everyone. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same