Our Mission 🌏🏡:
To digitise the whole lifecycle of the rental accommodation industry by creating the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry.
— To help people with housing, anywhere.
Golang is our backend language of choice, unless something else is needed. We run Node.js on some of our systems close to the frontend, and our Data Platform team prefers using Python. We persist data in PostgreSQL, Redis and GCP Storage.
We run our services inside Docker containers in a Kubernetes cluster, all running in GCP GKE.
We use gRPC and messaging queue(s) in addition to HTTP for communication.
Our Frontend stack is built on React/TypeScript. We love Git and we deploy our software with confidence using cypress, and Git Ops.
You will join one of the different product teams.
- Marketplace team
- Rental Management team
- Payments team
- Internal Operations team
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will join one of our product teams, and you will contribute hands on in evolving our Marketplace into building blocks that compose our Rental platform, who builds new features and use cases on top of our rental platform.
On a daily basis you will work with product managers and tech lead in your team to refine product requirements and use DDD techniques to extract building blocks that can be added to our rental platform.
- At least 5 years of backend development experience with relevant experience in Go
- You have built distributed systems in the past and are willing to solve complex distributed problems.
- You have experience in designing and building simple Restful API used by many different teams/developers.
- You understand the importance of data and their quality to gain insights from them.
- Experience with GRPC, Protobuf is a strong advantage
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a strong advantage
What's in it for you? 📈🍻
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year!
- Relocation and visa sponsorship
- Coaching and training opportunities to help you grow professionally with a personal development budget of 1.000,- per year
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse yourself in the Dutch culture
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs
- 10% of work time for personal development
- Company discount on Gym membership in the Netherlands
- Discount on NS Business Card or full reimbursement, if you do not live in Rotterdam
- Company-sponsored team-building activities
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- An opportunity to work remotely or on-site at our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Welcome Everyone. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.
HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we are a team of 140 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to expand our footprint rapidly.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as the fastest-growing prop-tech company in the Netherlands (Deloitte's Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte's Fast 500 ranking).