Our Mission 🌏🏡
To create the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry — To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Core Values 💛
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
HousingAnywhere is one of the fastest-growing scale-ups in Europe and currently going through triple-digit growth. Our mission is to help people with housing, anywhere in the world, and do so by building the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation sector. This year alone, we expect to help 130,000 people find and secure a new home.
Fast growth and tackling challenges that come with scaling go hand-in-hand. We expect our new VP Finance to take end-to-end responsibility for our Finance department and be able to further streamline our financial processes continuously as we scale.
We are looking for a leader. You will join our management team and take part in growing our revenue from 25M EUR to at least 100M EUR in the next 3 years. We have set ourselves the goal to help 1 million people find and secure a new home in 2025.
HousingAnywhere has raised 50M EUR to date. Part of our growth will be financed with new financing (equity & debt). You will be the main driver of these fundraising efforts. Furthermore, M&A is playing a big part in our company’s continuous growth. The VP Finance will be one of the key driving forces in origination and execution of M&A opportunities.
Adaptability, agility and changing gears frequently should be no strange words to a VP Finance. As we build out and expand the business, your focus shifts frequently from managing day-to-day operations to discussing and deciding on our long-term strategy.
The VP Finance will report directly to the CEO and will be managing a team of 10+ people.
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as VP Finance and member of our management board.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organisation with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both the short-term and long-term growth plans of the organisation through clear communication, to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Run an investor relations practice that supports the creation of strong long-term relationships with existing shareholders and potential financiers.
- Lead our M&A efforts, taking care of origination, negotiations and deal execution.
- Participate in pivotal decisions that relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Interact with and align team and departments with the company’s long-term strategy and OKRs.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Develop and maintain all operating budgets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by entity and product lines, forecast vs. budget by entity and product lines, and monthly cash flow by entity.
- Manage the financial planning process. Supervise creation of reports, operational implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Utilise forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organisation’s operating budgets and performance.
Accounting, Administration and Financial Management
- Supervise and enhance the accounting function to ensure the proper functioning of all financial systems, and accounting software.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, fraud prevention, legal compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for our auditors, shareholders and the company’s board.
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage senior management to develop short term and long term plans, projections and budgets.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with our vendors, auditors and other financial service providers and negotiate beneficial terms with them when necessary.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as European, national and local laws regarding company operations.
Finance Team Management
- Mentor and develop your team members, managing work allocation, training, performance evaluations, personal development planning and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of the direct span of control.
- Significant experience in a financial services firm and in industry, preferably in a Marketplace, SaaS or Real Estate businesses.
- Hands-on mentality and willingness to do part of the heavy-lifting that comes with scaling up a Finance organisation in a fast-growing start-up.
- An academic Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance. Master’s Degree and MBA are a plus.
- Certified Chartered Accountant (CA), CPA or similar.
- Significant experience managing international teams in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Significant experience with M&A.
- Experience with raising at least 25 EUR from equity investors and debt providers.
- Experience with taking a company public is a plus.
- Managed budgets of 50 EUR or more.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong affinity with the technology/digital sector.
- Fluent in English.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Welcome Everyone. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.
HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace. Through our advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. Based on the past 12 months performance, our business represents 20 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 65,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe. Global talents, including young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we are a team of 200 people and we are focused on 39 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to expand our footprint rapidly.