Our Mission 🌏🏡:
To create the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry — To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Core Values 💛:
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
Your impact 💥
You will be joining the communications team at the Marketing department. The department consists of multiple teams focused at driving growth to the platform through omni-channel marketing and rapid experimentation.The teams are responsible for various domains: SEO, Paid Advertising, Public Relations, Strategic Partnerships, Email Marketing & CRM, Lead Generation, Social Media and Content Marketing. As the window (not a gatekeeper) of HousingAnywhere, the communications team acts as the eyes, ears and voice to/for both internal and external stakeholders.
With you joining us, the communications team will consist of 6 professionals: YOU, Brand & Communications Manager, Brand & Communications Manager - The Netherlands, Email & CRM marketing specialist, Communications Intern and Head of Public Policy and Communications.
Your Responsibilities 🚀
As Policy Advisor, your core purpose, strategy and activities will evolve around ‘influencing and educating multi-layered policy & decision makers’ representing a respected and purpose-driven organisation dedicated to creating a sustainable rental ecosystem. You will be our outside-in communications specialist with an exceptional talent in and passion for stakeholder management and research on the macro landscape we operate in. You will report to the Head of Public Policy and Communications.
- Identify, develop and manage close relationships with key organisations and voices in the strategic thought leadership arena. Such relationships should contribute to amplifying our business opportunity, our share of voice or both as the leading authority in the European rental accommodation industry
- Through the above relationships and/or individually, dig deeper into market, industry, competition, public policy in and around our industry and redistribute the intelligence to relevant internal stakeholders when/where necessary
- Analyse the retrospective context and the future consequences of the intelligence you have gathered and work closely with Brand & Communications Managers and Email & CRM marketing specialist to provide justifications to our external communications in a timely manner
- Spot and foster speaking and/or thought-leadership-sharing opportunities for HousingAnywhere’s key experts and co-develop the opportunity with Brand & Communications managers
- Drive and improve public policy strategy and execution in a continuous basis
Your Profile 👩🏻👨🏾👦🏼👽
- 5+ years of proven experience in the industry related to proptech, student accommodation/PBSA, BTR and/or co-living in the area of stakeholder management, business development and/or marketing
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven approach, at ease with using tools and advanced data reports
- Deep understanding of higher education and/or integrated marketing communications is a big plus
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Fluency in any other European language is a plus
What's in it for you? 📈🍻
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours.
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year!
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work.
- Work with a goal-oriented, diverse and inclusive team! Think 140+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- We will support your relocation process (e.g., flights and VISA)
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse yourself in the Dutch culture.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee, snacks, fruits, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don't care about what you wear. You're welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won't judge you!
- You can participate in our Beer & Cheers to get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
- Starting: ASAP
- Full-time position (40 hours a week)
- You will work from our HQs in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, but with the flexibility to work remotely when needed.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Welcome Everyone. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.
HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we are a team of 140 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to expand our footprint rapidly.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as the fastest-growing prop-tech company in the Netherlands (Deloitte's Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte's Fast 500 ranking).