At HousingAnywhere we are building the biggest rental platform in the world that powers superior products for the mid-term rental accommodation market.
At the moment we provide two products: HousingAnywhere MarketPlace and HousingAnywhere Payments, both powered by the HousingAnywhere Platform.
HousingAnywhere is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded the 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as one of the fastest-growing prop-tech companies in the Netherlands (Deloitte’s Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte’s Fast 500 ranking).
Our Mission 💻✨
To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Vision 🌏🏡
Building a safe, efficient and global platform for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values 💛
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
Over the past couple of years, HousingAnywhere grew exponentially and we are currently with 150 colleagues and also aim to double our business in upcoming years. As a Senior Data Engineer you would be joining our Data Engineering team. We currently aim to improve our existing data pipeline to scale to new heights where your expertise would be immensely helpful.
At HousingAnywhere, our data warehouse is powered by Snowflake. Our ETL pipelines are built using Stitch, dbt and Cloud composer. We are using Google Cloud Platform where we have deployed several Machine Learning models in production via Docker containers running on a Kubernetes cluster which are fully integrated with HousingAnywhere’s marketplace. We also aim to leverage real time data in upcoming months.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Driven Engineer with experience working with big data technologies
- You have experience designing, creating and scaling ETL/ELT pipelines
- Love building data driven products and have experience in 1 or more programming languages (ideally python)
- Strong SQL, Data Modelling and Data Warehousing Skills.
- Experience working in Cloud based Data Warehouse like Snowflake/Redshift/Big query is highly desirable
- Experience in dbt(Data Build Tool) an Airflow/Cloud Composer/Astronomer is highly desirable
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with designing Real time data pipelines is a plus
- Work experiences in startups and/or scale ups
- Scale and evolve our data infrastructure, optimising for cost, performance, scalability and reliability.
- Design and implement streaming and batch data pipelines for data ingestion and delivery.
- Work with cross functional teams to add new data sources in our data lake/data warehouse.
- Introduce data quality & data monitoring processes.
- Provide guidance and expertise to other engineers on best practices to build and productions data pipelines and reduce tech debt.
What about working at HousingAnywhere?
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We welcome everyone.
Over the past couple of months, the majority of our staff has worked from home, wherever that is, and we will continue to do so in the future. You are always welcome in our newly built office in the heart of Rotterdam, the most beautiful city of the Netherlands, where you find modern equipment, meet your colleagues in person, and enjoy a stunning view of the city.
The team culture is very open and we’re all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.
What we offer
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
- Work with a creative, diverse and inclusive team! Think 140+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
- 10 % of the time on personal development and side projects.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee and snacks, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including new MacBook, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours.
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year.
- Are you coming from abroad? We provide a relocation package.
If you have further questions, please email Yamuna at firstname.lastname@example.org