Our Mission 🌏🏡
To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Vision 💻✨
Building a safe, efficient and global rental marketplace for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values 💛
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we employ 140 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to rapidly expand our footprint.
In 2017, we were awarded the 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as one of the fastest-growing prop-tech companies in the Netherlands (Deloitte’s Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte’s Fast 500 ranking).
About the role
We’re looking for a UX Researcher to join our product team. The UX Researcher at HousingAnywhere will plan, design, and carry out research activities to help all our teams get a deep, shared understanding of our users. The outcomes of your work will inform strategy, proposition, service, content and interaction design so that our products work well for users and achieve business goals. You will be supporting the evolution of multiple products, including our rental marketplace, property management system, and mobile applications.
- Autonomously plan, conduct, and report the outcomes of research studies that strategically influence product development across all HousingAnywhere domains and touchpoints.
- Use a range of exploratory and evaluative research methods to help us build a rich understanding of the needs of our users, help all product teams identify future product opportunities.
- Support UX designers and product owners in delivering smaller research initiatives, such as usability testing.
- Work with various stakeholders to make research insights clear, easy to absorb, and actionable. Make complex journeys and problems easy to digest, helping the HousingAnywhere product team make informed and customer-centric decisions.
- Actively participate in improving our user research processes and tooling, continuously optimise the user feedback loop through multiple channels.
- Evangelize research. Share insights beyond the product team with the broader organisation to increase empathy and help us grow our company’s overall level of UX maturity.
- At least 4 years of professional experience as a UX researcher with a portfolio that demonstrates past work experience and deliverables (e.g. case studies, user research reports, presentations, workshop content etc.).
- Experience with designing, leading, and implementing UX research projects with a great degree of autonomy.
- Ability to turn research data into clear findings and actionable insights that inform decisions using storytelling and visualisation to communicate journeys and insights.
- Knowledge and practical experience of using a variety of UX research methods (qualitative and quantitative), with awareness of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Experience in involving colleagues in analysis and synthesis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions.
- Experience in setting and rolling out research standards in a product team.
- Preferably experience in an in-house setting in a product company. However, we will consider candidates with a background in a consultancy or agency as well.
What's in it for you? 📈🍻
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours.
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year.
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
- Work with a creative, diverse and inclusive team! Think 130+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you.
- Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
- Starting: ASAP.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- You will primarily work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands but with the flexibility to work remotely when needed.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.