Our Mission 🌏🏡:
To create the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry — To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Core Values 💛:
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be joining our Platform Infrastructure Team, inside the Product Development division. As we have reached the scaleup phase at HousingAnywhere, our rapid growth has brought on new challenges.
Since we were early adopters of cloud infrastructure on GCP we have the challenge to replatform HousingAnywhere systems on top of a secure foundation, and we are building a platform that other teams can use to run and operate their services with more autonomy.
You will practice cloud native methodologies and lean towards cloud native solutions with the backbone being Kubernetes (GKE). As a DevOps advocate, you will contribute to the efforts and direction that other teams will build upon to easily and safely run their services, monitor them, and react to incidents in a timely manner.
As advocate of security and data privacy by design, you facilitate other teams to run and operate their services securely, while letting them focus on their domains.
Our services are mostly built with Go, and data persisted in PostgreSQL database(s). GCP is our Cloud Provider of choice, and our services run inside Docker containers on several Kubernetes clusters. We use gRPC for internal communication, though we prefer async events on NSQ. Our Frontend stack is built on React/TypeScript. We version our code with Git.
The Platform Infrastructure team works on developing and maintaining HousingAnywhere platform, its API, and its Infrastructure.
We are evolving HousingAnywhere into a rental platform. We do so by building an event-driven architecture while making heavy use of DDD, DevOps and Agile principles and Contract First Development practices.
We are innovating our cloud infrastructure by focusing on cloud native practices, and by investing in Kubernetes, Docker and Serverless technologies.
The type of profile that could excel in the role typically has around 7 years of relevant experience in managing infrastructure for complex distributed systems at scale. 3 years of previous experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) is desirable. We use GCP so we expect a willingness to learn it if it isn’t the Cloud provider in your toolbelt.
Your Responsibilities 🚀
- Build tools on top of our Infrastructure platform, with great Developer Experience and simple to use by our product teams.
- Apply DevOps principles and SRE practices, and advocate for them.
- Facilitate product teams and enable them to deploy and operate their services.
- Take care of quality standards of availability, performance, security and data privacy, monitor them, and include them when designing and refining new solutions.
- Contribute to the Cloud Infrastructure strategy on GCP, to achieve our technical goals and improve our cloud infrastructure KPIs.
- Ensure the services that the organisation manages are healthy, secure and operational, through monitoring and SREs principles
- Find, review and communicate about security threats to non-technical stakeholders and propose a plan of approach when needed.
- Maintain and evolve our secure foundation on GCP and our cloud infrastructure and GitOps setup.
- Manage and maintain our Kubernetes clusters architecture, and execute on our Cloud Native strategy.
- Implement features in our GitOps and Infrastructure as Code setup, maintain CI/CD pipelines used by our teams.
- Provide technical support and manage incidents when needed.
What's in it for you? 📈🍻
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year!
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work.
- Work with a goal-oriented, diverse and inclusive team! Think 130+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- We will support your relocation process (e.g., flights and VISA)
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse yourself in the Dutch culture.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee, snacks, fruits, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don't care about what you wear. You're welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won't judge you!
- You can participate in our Beer & Cheers to get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- An opportunity to work remotely or on-site at our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Relocation package with visa sponsorship provided
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Welcome Everyone. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.
HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we are a team of 140 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to expand our footprint rapidly.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as the fastest-growing prop-tech company in the Netherlands (Deloitte's Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte's Fast 500 ranking).