Our Mission 🌏🏡:
To create the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry — To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Core Values 💛:
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
As an engineer in the Customer Experience team, you will be part of a newly founded team that is focused on improving and automating internal tooling. Over the past couple of years, HousingAnywhere grew exponentially and we are currently with 150 colleagues. We have the ambition to at least double our business in the upcoming years and improved internal tooling is at the cornerstone of that ambition. Our technology and tooling should facilitate us to grow in an efficient way, meaning that the same amount of people should be able to support a much larger business a few years from now.
Our internal teams such as customer support, sales and marketing are leveraging tooling that has been built throughout the years to support them on a daily basis. Much of these processes are eligible to be simplified or automated. This is where we come in.
By becoming more efficient and effective we will be able to scale our operations at a much faster pace. On a more human level, we’re going to positively reinforce the daily work lives of our colleagues and empower them to grow and to spend their time on those matters that really matter and make an impact.
Besides empowering our colleagues we will also make an active commitment to embedding data privacy and security standards into our internal tooling.
At the moment we are forming the team. The team will consist of six members. Among them, there will be a Product Owner, both frontend and backend engineers and one team lead.
Our backend runs on Golang, with PostgreSQL database(s). We run our services inside Docker containers in a Kubernetes cluster, all running in GCP. We use gRPC and messaging queue(s) in addition to HTTP for communication. Our Frontend stack is built on React/TypeScript. We love Git. We are quickly moving towards cross-platform Domain and Event-driven architecture.
- Experience with React, Typescript. Node.js or Go is a strong asset
- You’re experienced with test automation and you are interested in TDD best practices
- Experience with online marketplaces, service providers and/or API development would be a great strength
- You preferably have around 5 years of experience in web development
Your Responsibilities 🚀
- A product-oriented person: you love developing products that help people and you’re driven by the impact you can make.
- A real team player. You understand your colleagues may have different opinions and you consider them to make our product better. You understand how to challenge ideas, disagree and still commit to team decisions
- A strategic thinker. You take initiative and are comfortable in interacting with stakeholders to elicit and clarify requirements and to create a plan to deliver your work in a timely manner.
- A problem solver. You start from the problems and not the solutions, and you go the extra mile to find innovative and pragmatic solutions to the problems at hand.
- A pragmatic and quality-driven engineer. You believe in the importance of writing good unit, integration and E2E tests.
- An advocate of clean and simple solutions. When writing code you take into account who will read your code, and make your intentions clear and explicit for others to work with it.
- A tech enthusiast! You are interested in new technologies and you constantly seek to improve yourself.
What's in it for you? 📈🍻
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year!
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work.
- Work with a goal-oriented, diverse and inclusive team! Think 130+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- We will support your relocation process (e.g., flights and VISA)
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse yourself in the Dutch culture.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee, snacks, fruits, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don't care about what you wear. You're welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won't judge you!
- You can participate in our Beer & Cheers to get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- An opportunity to work remotely or on-site at our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Relocation package with visa sponsorship provided
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Welcome Everyone. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.
HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we are a team of 140 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to expand our footprint rapidly.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as the fastest-growing prop-tech company in the Netherlands (Deloitte's Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte's Fast 500 ranking).