Our Mission 🌏🏡
To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Vision 💻✨
Building a safe, efficient and global rental marketplace for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values 💛
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology start-up, we employ 140 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to rapidly expand our footprint.
In 2017, we were awarded the 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as one of the fastest-growing prop-tech companies in the Netherlands (Deloitte's Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte's Fast 500 ranking).
Your impact 💥
We’re looking for a proactive and diligent Finance Operation Specialist (AP, AR, Ops) to join our Finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for handling the financial aspect of our customer journey and for ensuring we provide a great experience for all of our customers.
Your Responsibilities 🚀
- Creating a seamless customer experience, by ensuring that landlords receive their payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Evaluating requests for cancellations/refunds and finding practical solutions that benefit both parties.
- Dealing with difficult customer cases while negotiating with tenants and landlords to find potential solutions.
- Providing invoices and credit notes to our customers. Creating manual invoices for special contracts.
- Working together with our sales and customer solutions team on difficult cases related to customer finance.
- Working with the product team to provide them with feedback on how to improve internal processes.
Your profile 👩🏻👨🏾👦🏼👽
- You have 3-5 years of experience in customer support/account payable.
- You speak English on an above-average level (key to communicate with our clients). Dutch, German and other European languages are a strong asset.
- You have a bachelors in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or a related field.
- You have experience working for an online marketplace or you have a strong interest in doing so.
- You understand KYC processes and AML guidelines.
- You're a self-starter. Proactivity is your middle name! You like thinking outside the box and thinking of creative ways to bring improvement to the company.
- You're a great communicator. You are able to communicate clearly and assertively with both your internal and external stakeholders.
- You understand how to handle customer complaints in a professional manner. You don't cave under pressure and you know how to make any difficult case a win-win situation.
- You're a critical thinker and a creative problem solver. When faced with complicated situations, you are not afraid to dig for solutions.
- You're diligent and detail-oriented. You always make sure that your work is done in a timely and accurate manner.
What's in it for you? 📈🍻
- An unlimited holiday policy!
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work. If you like autonomy, this is the place for you!
- Work with a goal-oriented, diverse and inclusive team! Think 130+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- We will assist your relocation process and cover part of the costs of your relocation (e.g., flights and VISA).
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse yourself in the Dutch culture.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee, snacks, fruits, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don't care about what you wear. You're welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won't judge you!
- You can participate in our Beer & Cheers to get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
- Starting: September 2021
- Full-time position (40 hours a week)
- You will primarily work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands but with the flexibility to work remotely when needed
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Welcome Everyone. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.