To help people with housing, anywhere.
Building a safe, efficient and global platform for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be joining our Platform Infrastructure Team, inside the Product Development division. As we have reached the scaleup phase at HousingAnywhere, our rapid growth has brought on new challenges.
Since we were early adopters of cloud infrastructure on GCP we have the challenge to replatform HousingAnywhere systems on top of a secure foundation, and we are building a platform that other teams can use to run and operate their services with more autonomy.
You will practice cloud native methodologies and lean towards cloud native solutions with the backbone being Kubernetes (GKE). As a DevOps advocate, you will contribute to the efforts and direction that other teams will build upon to easily and safely run their services, monitor them, and react to incidents in a timely manner.
As advocate of security and data privacy by design, you facilitate other teams to run and operate their services securely, while letting them focus on their domains.
Our services are mostly built with Go, and data persisted in PostgreSQL database(s). GCP is our Cloud Provider of choice, and our services run inside Docker containers on several Kubernetes clusters. We use gRPC for internal communication, though we prefer async events on NSQ. Our Frontend stack is built on React/TypeScript. We version our code with Git.
The Platform Infrastructure team works on developing and maintaining HousingAnywhere platform, its API, and its Infrastructure.
We are evolving HousingAnywhere into a rental platform. We do so by building an event-driven architecture while making heavy use of DDD, DevOps and Agile principles and Contract First Development practices.
We are innovating our cloud infrastructure by focusing on cloud native practices, and by investing in Kubernetes, Docker and Serverless technologies.
The role of the DevOps Engineer
- Build tools on top of our Infrastructure platform, with great Developer Experience and simple to use by our product teams.
- Apply DevOps principles and SRE practices, and advocate for them.
- Facilitate product teams and enable them to deploy and operate their services.
- Take care of quality standards of availability, performance, security and data privacy, monitor them, and include them when designing and refining new solutions.
- Contribute to the Cloud Infrastructure strategy on GCP, to achieve our technical goals and improve our cloud infrastructure KPIs.
- Ensure the services that the organisation manages are healthy, secure and operational, through monitoring and SREs principles
- Find, review and communicate about security threats to non-technical stakeholders and propose a plan of approach when needed.
- Maintain and evolve our secure foundation on GCP and our cloud infrastructure and GitOps setup.
- Manage and maintain our Kubernetes clusters architecture, and execute on our Cloud Native strategy.
- Implement features in our GitOps and Infrastructure as Code setup, maintain CI/CD pipelines used by our teams.
- Provide technical support and manage incidents when needed.
Who we look for:
The type of profile that could excel in the role typically has around 7 years of relevant experience in managing infrastructure for complex distributed systems at scale. 3 years of previous experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) is desirable. We use GCP so we expect a willingness to learn it if it isn’t the Cloud provider in your toolbelt.
What about working at HousingAnywhere?
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We welcome everyone.
Over the past couple of months, the majority of our staff has worked from home, wherever that is, and we will continue to do so in the future. You are always welcome in our newly built office in the heart of Rotterdam, the most beautiful city of the Netherlands, where you find modern equipment, meet your colleagues in person, and enjoy a stunning view of the city.
The team culture is very open and we’re all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.
At HousingAnywhere we are building the biggest rental platform in the world that powers superior products for the mid-term rental accommodation market.
At the moment we provide two products: HousingAnywhere MarketPlace and HousingAnywhere Payments, both powered by the HousingAnywhere Platform.
HousingAnywhere is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded the 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as one of the fastest-growing prop-tech companies in the Netherlands (Deloitte’s Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte’s Fast 500 ranking).
What we offer
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
- Work with a creative, diverse and inclusive team! Think 120+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
- 10 % of the time on personal development and side projects.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee and snacks, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including new MacBook, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours.
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year.
- Are you coming from abroad? We provide a relocation package.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- An opportunity to work remotely or on-site at our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Relocation package with visa sponsorship provided
Email Dasha at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙋🏼♀️