To help people with housing, anywhere.
Building a safe, efficient and global platform for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
As an engineer in the Internal Ops team, you will be part of a newly founded team that is focused on improving and automating internal tooling. Over the past couple of years, HousingAnywhere grew exponentially and we are currently with 150 colleagues. We have the ambition to at least double our business in the upcoming years and improved internal tooling is at the cornerstone of that ambition. Our technology and tooling should facilitate us to grow in an efficient way, meaning that the same amount of people should be able to support a much larger business a few years from now.
Our internal teams such as customer support, sales and marketing are leveraging tooling that has been built throughout the years to support them on a daily basis. Much of these processes are eligible to be simplified or automated. This is where we come in.
By becoming more efficient and effective we will be able to scale our operations at a much faster pace. On a more human level, we’re going to positively reinforce the daily work lives of our colleagues and empower them to grow and to spend their time on those matters that really matter and make an impact.
Besides empowering our colleagues we will also make an active commitment to embedding data privacy and security standards into our internal tooling.
At the moment we are forming the team. The team will consist of six members. Among them, there will be a Product Owner, both frontend and backend engineers and one team lead.
Our backend runs on Golang, with PostgreSQL database(s). We run our services inside Docker containers in a Kubernetes cluster, all running in GCP. We use gRPC and messaging queue(s) in addition to HTTP for communication. Our Frontend stack is built on React/TypeScript. We love Git. We are quickly moving towards cross-platform Domain and Event-driven architecture.
Who we look for:
- You preferably have 5 years of backend development experience of which 2 years of experience working with Go
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL) is a great strength
- You have experience in designing and building simple Restful API used by many different teams/developers
- Experience with GRPC, Protobuf is a strong advantage
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a strong advantage
- Experience with DDD, Event-Driven architecture is a strong advantage
- You have built simple distributed systems in the past and are willing to solve complex distributed problems.
Who you are:
- A product-oriented person: you love developing products that help people and you’re driven by the impact you can make.
- A real team player. You understand your colleagues may have different opinions and you consider them to make our product better. You understand how to challenge ideas, disagree and still commit to team decisions
- A strategic thinker. You take initiative and are comfortable in interacting with stakeholders to elicit and clarify requirements and to create a plan to deliver your work in a timely manner.
- A problem solver. You start from the problems and not the solutions, and you go the extra mile to find innovative and pragmatic solutions to the problems at hand.
- A pragmatic and quality-driven engineer. You believe in the importance of writing good unit, integration and E2E tests.
- An advocate of clean and simple solutions. When writing code you take into account who will read your code, and make your intentions clear and explicit for others to work with it.
- A tech enthusiast! You are interested in new technologies and you constantly seek to improve yourself.
What about working at HousingAnywhere?
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We welcome everyone.
Over the past couple of months, the majority of our staff has worked from home, wherever that is, and we will continue to do so in the future. You are always welcome in our newly built office in the heart of Rotterdam, the most beautiful city of the Netherlands, where you find modern equipment, meet your colleagues in person, and enjoy a stunning view of the city.
The team culture is very open and we’re all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.
At HousingAnywhere we are building the biggest rental platform in the world that powers superior products for the mid-term rental accommodation market.
At the moment we provide two products: HousingAnywhere MarketPlace and HousingAnywhere Payments, both powered by the HousingAnywhere Platform.
HousingAnywhere is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded the 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as one of the fastest-growing prop-tech companies in the Netherlands (Deloitte’s Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte’s Fast 500 ranking).
What we offer
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
- Work with a creative, diverse and inclusive team! Think 140+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
- 10 % of the time on personal development and side projects.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee and snacks, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including new MacBook, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours.
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year.
- Are you coming from abroad? We provide a relocation package.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- An opportunity to work remotely or on-site at our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Relocation package with visa sponsorship provided
Email Dasha at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙋🏼♀️