HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we employ 140 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to rapidly expand our footprint.
In 2017, we were awarded the 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as one of the fastest-growing prop-tech companies in the Netherlands (Deloitte’s Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte’s Fast 500 ranking).
As a Junior HR Generalist, you will play a key role in onboarding our new colleagues and assisting the HR team in overall responsibilities / tasks. You have the opportunity to take on the HR onboarding process after our recruiters have finished the hiring. Before organising the onboarding event once a month, you take care of the administrative onboarding (including VISA applications), make our newcomers feel welcome and you provide assistance in the relocation processes.
You will be part of our Human Resources team, which currently consists of 5 people, including the recruitment team. You will partner with the head of HR and work with internal clients from different departments to facilitate an effective onboarding process.
While the focus is mainly on onboarding, VISA and relocation, we are looking for a multi functional team member who can learn / develop on other HR processes. We are currently working on improving the HR service and therefore a colleague with creative ideas, who is willing to take on challenges is welcome!
- Managing and coordinating the full onboarding process.
- Organise and lead the onboarding (week) event once a month.
- Manage the complete VISA application process.
- Organise the 30% ruling process.
- Facilitate the relocation process (book flights, make appointments with the Expat centre etc).
- Prepare the monthly (online) Beers & Cheers event.
- Collaborating with internal clients (managers) to provide an excellent overall HR service.
- Come up with creative ways to improve the HR service.
- 1-2 years experience in Human Resources in an international setting.
- Experience with VISA applications and onboarding.
- Quick learner who is eager to develop the HR skillset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proactive and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- You work independently and in teams. You have the ability to engage with people easily.
What's in it for you?
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours.
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year.
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
- Work with a creative, diverse and inclusive team! Think 130+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee and snacks, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
- Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
- Starting: ASAP.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- You will primarily work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands but with the flexibility to work remotely when needed.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.