HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we employ 140 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to rapidly expand our footprint.
In 2017, we were awarded the 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as one of the fastest-growing prop-tech companies in the Netherlands (Deloitte’s Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte’s Fast 500 ranking).
You will be joining the Marketing department. The department consists of multiple teams focused at driving growth to the platform through omni-channel marketing and rapid experimentation.
The teams are responsible for various domains: SEO, Paid Advertising, Public Relations, Strategic Partnerships, Email Marketing & CRM, Lead Generation, Social Media and Content Marketing.
As the Head of Public Policy and Communications, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction, planning and leadership in the development of our communications and public policy strategies. You will have the opportunity to play an important role in managing how our brands are perceived by all stakeholders.
You will be heading the Communications team, currently consisting of 2 individuals: a Public Relations Manager and an Email & CRM Marketeer.
Besides that, you will work with multiple individuals in various departments and roles to achieve your goals, including the leadership, senior managers, marketeers, product owners & engineers.
- Develop and implement strategies aimed at driving awareness and favourable brand perception of various stakeholders such as customers, the general public, policy developers, decision makers.
- Develop and implement policies that enhance HousingAnywhere’s reputation and positioning as the leading authority in the European rental accommodation industry
- Manage the communications team to deliver communications plans across media/PR, digital communications and other channels in order to reach our target audiences.
- Develop and refine our messaging and ensure its consistency across communication channels.
- Managing & developing a communications team and assessing the need for further recruitment to achieve strategic objectives.
- Build and manage strong relationships with members of the press, captains of industry and key policy makers in the rental accommodation industry
- Develop methods & tools to consistently measure and report on the impact and reach of our communication strategies
- Provide support and advice to the CEO, senior leadership team and others acting as spokespeople for the organisation for events, media, social media etc.
- Manage & allocate your own time and resources to effectively achieve our goals
- Be an internal ambassador for the communications field and an external ambassador for HousingAnywhere
- Identify public policy issues relevant to the organization, share them with relevant stakeholders & take them into account in strategic planning.
- Deliver insights drawn from both qualitative and quantitative research aimed at forming a deeper understanding of brand perception & brand awareness
- 10+ years of proven experience in developing and implementing successful public policy and communication strategies
- Experience in managing a team & driving personal development
- Deep understanding of communications, public relations and policy making
- Experience in content marketing and link building
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven approach, at ease with advanced data reports
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills - any other European language is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours.
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year.
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
- Work with a creative, diverse and inclusive team! Think 140+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
- Work in a very spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee and snacks, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
- Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
- Are you coming from abroad? We provide a relocation package.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- You will primarily work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands but with the flexibility to work remotely when needed.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com.