HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology start-up, we employ 140 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to rapidly expand our footprint.
In 2017, we were awarded the 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as one of the fastest-growing prop-tech companies in the Netherlands (Deloitte’s Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte’s Fast 500 ranking).
- The main responsibility of this internship is to cold call landlords and business providers to get them to sign up on HousingAnywhere.
- You will be in charge of finding new leads through our current lead generation channels and identify new channels and practices.
- You will be responsible for acquiring new customers in order to build your own portfolio of clients and properties.
- You will also need to perform meetings with your potential customers (landlords) to close the deal and upsell. Most of the activities related to this position will take place over the phone or over video-calls.
- You will also have other (supporting) tasks such as supporting customers when using our platform, collect feedback, listing creation and optimization of the current inventory or performing translations.
- You speak English on an above-average level and Dutch on a native level.
- You have strong communication skills and you are not afraid to pick up the phone and convince potential customers. You have a strong appetite for sales.
- You consider yourself results-driven and eager to learn.
- You are a student or recent graduate in the area of Economics, Business, Marketing or a related study and have a great interest in sales.
- You are available on a full-time basis for 6 months.
What's in it for you?
- 2 initial weeks of training to kick-off the essential skills for the role.
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and make an impact on the business.
- Work with a goal-oriented, diverse and inclusive team! Think 130+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee and snacks, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
- Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
We offer 2 types of internships:
- No thesis: 5 days per week / €550 net per month
- Thesis: 4 days per week / €440 net per month
In both cases,
- Starting: September 2021
- 6 months internship
- You will work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.