Our Vision 🌏🏡
To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Mission 💻✨
Building a safe, efficient and global rental marketplace for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values 💛
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
Your Impact 💥
As we have reached the scaleup phase at HousingAnywhere, our rapid growth has brought on new challenges. We are rethinking the platform architecture to meet imminent growth needs. You will have the opportunities to bring in your ideas in the context of microservices, stream processing, API, security and data integrity.
At platform we are shaping the vision for the future architecture of HousingAnywhere. You will help other teams to build new features on top of our architecture, and make sure that concerns like reliability, security, privacy and performances are met.
We are pragmatic developers, and often we need to think out of the box to solve tricky technical challenges. Technology hypes inspire our work and give us ideas, but we realize that the context in which we build our solutions is what matters most. You will help us consider the challenges we face when adopting new technologies or techniques.
You will help your colleagues and your leaders to solve problems and move faster, as well as they will do with you.
Our mission as the platform team
As a Software Engineer for the Platform Team, you will be joining the team responsible for the backend logic of HousingAnywhere’s marketplace, and for standardizing the way our partners integrate with our platform.
Our team is here to provide HousingAnywhere with a scalable composable architecture that allows the organization to scale the business and teams on top of it.
We achieve our goals by:
- developing the technical vision and standards on the platform that accommodate the needs of the housing rental market for the next 10 years
- developing the standards for the exchange of information between systems in the accommodation rental market.
Let's work together on the following
- We are rethinking the HousingAnywhere platform to service oriented architecture, by breaking a monolith in services. Our goal is to enable the organization to align independent teams around vertical domains.
- We released version 1 of our RESTful public api. We are working on integrating new partners on our platform through our public api. The api will have to evolve to meet new needs and requirements from new partners.
- We are rethinking our approach to CI, to simplify our suites of tests and to help the team to move to continuous delivery.
- We already extracted frontend as a service from the backend monolith, but the code still leaves in one repository. We want to gain independence by extracting backend code from frontend code and have separate deployment pipelines.
- We are working closely with the operations team to move our services to Kubernetes to standardise operations between teams.
- We are creating an internal RFC to plan how to move towards an event driven architecture by introducing Kafka. We are researching impacts, costs and value that we get by getting into such a path.
And our stack?
- Google Cloud Platform
Who you are
- A product-oriented person: you love developing products that help people and you’re driven by the impact you can make.
- A problem solver: you structure your thoughts and you propose your ideas towards solving a problem or creating an opportunity.
- An advocate of clean,simple and pragmatic solutions. You always have intention, adaptability and scalability in mind.
- A real team player: You respect the work of all your colleagues no matter their seniority level. You also understand that making mistakes is part of the job and that the important thing is to learn from these mistakes. You are always keen to help others, but you are also not afraid of asking for help yourself.
- A great communicator. We don’t expect you to be a master story teller(although we do love stories), but we expect you to communicate your expectations clearly with all your stakeholders.
- A tech junkie! You are interested in new technologies and you constantly seek to improve personally, whether that is at work or in your spare time.
What we offer:
🚀Get ready to make a real impact and hit the ground running with early responsibilities. You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
👩🏻👨🏾👦🏼👽 Work with a crazy unconventional team! Think 90 people from 30 different nationalities. It’s like being on a round-the-world trip while you’re in the office.
📈 Trainings, workshops, conferences, books. It’s up to you.
📚 Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
🌇 Work in the heart of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you!
👕We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
🍻 Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
✈️Are you coming from abroad? No worries, we’ve got you covered!
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- You will work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Starting: ASAP
- Relocation/work permit support provided
Email Darya at Darya@housinganywhere.com 🙋🏻