Why Housecall Pro?
Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes.
We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, and—ultimately—save time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros.
What you'll receive:
- Competitive compensation package
- 🏖 Paid time-off
- 🏡 Work from home 100%
- ⛑️ Health, life, vision and dental insurance (world-wide coverage)
- Christmas bonus of 30 days
- Prima vacation bonus of 25%
- Equity (shares)
- MacBook Pro shipped to your home address
- 💻 Home office set up ($500 USD)
- ⏰ Flexible working hours
- Work in your time zone
- 👫 Work with people in multiple countries
- 💡 A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
The role: Sr. Ruby/RoR Software Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on advanced projects on our flagship Ruby/RoR application. You will be responsible for the development and refinement of new features across our product line. Your primary focus will be to work directly with the product management team to conceive, develop, and refine our core web applications and deliver outstanding experiences and value to our customers. You will work in an iterative, data driven environment to refine the application. Your leadership skills will be important in mentoring junior teammates and conducting rigorous code reviews across the teams you work with. A strong commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential. Your customer-centric focus is critical for our and our customers’ success.
Our Engineering team is extraordinary. We’re a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professional customers. Our success is their success. Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and grow their businesses.
👀 What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop and deploy features for Housecall Pro’s core Ruby/RoR applications
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Work with product management to refine initial concepts features that deliver customer delight
- Build and execute a high velocity of smart, highly performant server side A/B tests to increase business metrics
- Stay up to date with new Growth and Personalization tools
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and enforce them across the team
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactorings to the code baseline
- Write automated tests at the appropriate architectural level
- Conduct code reviews and architectural reviews for features developed by other members of the team
- Lead feature teams in their weekly iterations
- Maintain and improve our continuous integration and development environments
- BS, MS or Ph.D in a computer science / computer engineering program
- 3-10 years industry experience developing commercial Ruby/RoR applications
- 1-2 years experience leading teams and performing code reviews
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby/RoR
- Data Driven
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Strong proficiency with continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish (read, write, speak)
🏆 You must be aware that joining Housecall Pro means:
- Building a product that really improves users’ lives (70k users, 4.6 rates at App Store) - let’s see what clients say about the product;
- Being a part of a global team that build a diverse culture in our company
- Working with more than 200 engineers highly qualified and engaged in improving the life of our Pros.
- Having a real impact on technical decisions without breaking through the corporate, glass ceiling;
- Being in direct contact with the community of users, who are eager to share their feedback;
- Rapidly growing teams that create a defined career path.
Okay, okay, you need something to pay the bills, right? 🤑
Our range of compensation starts at: 💵7000 USD dollars.💵
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals (Pros) streamline every aspect of their business. With easy-to-use tools for scheduling, dispatching, payments, and more, Housecall Pro enables Pros to save time, grow profitably, and provide best-in-class service.
Housecall Pro’s brand portfolio includes BuildBook, construction management software for builders and remodelers, and CONQUER, a business coaching solution for home services businesses. Our brands are united by a singular mission to champion our Pros to success.
We support more than 25,000 businesses and have over 1,000 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees across the United States and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that will invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.