Why Housecall Pro?
Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes.We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, and—ultimately—save time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros. We also offer:
- A generous benefits program that supports the whole you with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and flexible, take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Monthly tech reimbursements
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
About the role:
As a Risk Analyst at Housecall Pro, you are on the front lines of preventing fraud, evaluating merchant credit worthiness, and protecting our company and our Pros from loss. In this role you perform investigations and make underwriting decisions on charge and account-level reviews. You have a curious mind with an eye for detail to identify and prevent potential losses before they happen. You are a problem solver who searches for the who, what, where, and why. You are a motivated self-starter with an interest in investigative research.
Our team is patient, empathetic, hard working, and above all else focused on improving the lives of our service professionals (our Pros). Our success is their success.
What you do each day:
- Review, identify, and investigate high-risk payment transactions
- Conduct analysis on merchants and transaction activity to make data-driven decisions regarding risk and credit worthiness
- Evaluate new accounts and determine their eligibility to utilize our payment processing solutions
- Handle end-to-end management and documentation of cases
- Collaborate with senior risk leaders to enhance existing loss prevention strategies and identify new opportunities for improvement
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Economics, or related field
- Experience with fraud detection and prevention
- Experience with credit underwriting
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Stripe or other credit card processors
- Ability to work until 5:00pm Pacific Time
- What will help you succeed in this role:
- Cursory understanding of predictive algorithms
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals (Pros) streamline every aspect of their business. With easy-to-use tools for scheduling, dispatching, payments, and more, Housecall Pro enables Pros to save time, grow profitably, and provide best-in-class service.
Housecall Pro’s brand portfolio includes BuildBook, construction management software for builders and remodelers, and CONQUER, a business coaching solution for home services businesses. Our brands are united by a singular mission to champion our Pros to success.
We support more than 25,000 businesses and have over 1,000 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees across the United States and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that will invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
This role is open to candidates and the expected salary range for this role is $58,000 - $65,000. The specific salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible to participate in Housecall Pro’s equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability), employee assistance program, 401(K), flexible time off, paid parental leave, tech reimbursement, and other company benefits. Housecall Pro is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth.