Imagine a company obsessed with helping home service businesses scale their company, find more time, and explore the life they have dreamt of living. Welcome to CONQUER!
CONQUER and Housecall Pro are united in a singular mission: helping home service professionals succeed and grow their businesses. Through this partnership, we can deliver best-in-class software products and coaching services to every Pro.
Being a home service business owner can be an extremely lonely journey. We help home services business owners reach their goals through community, clarity and accountability. Our community at CONQUER reassures these pros that they are not alone. Through coaching - we provide clarity on their next big move, and help hold them accountable to executing on the plan laid out.
- A generous benefits program that supports the whole you with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and flexible, take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Monthly tech reimbursements
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
As a Staff Devops Engineer, you are a part of a technical team that architects, builds, maintains, scales, monitors, and secures the the organizations cloud infrastructure. This team promotes flexibility and autonomy and empowers you with creative freedom and ownership in your work. You are a part of the larger engineering team, collaborating to identify and implement the tooling needed to iterate product lines rapidly and safely. Your ultimate goal is to enable engineering to help good Pros become great Pros, by creating a solid, flexible, and stable foundation that enables us to ship quickly in the face of massive growth. You face challenges with systems running real users and data with imagination, tenacity, and attention to detail. You are curious and have an amazing ability to learn on your feet. You have enthusiasm for the details of code and systems running ‘in the wild’. Your superpower is communicating your plans and actions across the engineering team, explaining complex topics in simple terms. You know when to listen and when to push back. You keep cool under pressure.
Our team is extraordinary. We are a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professionals (our Pros). Our team of entrepreneurial and client-focused team members are the ‘engine room’ helping our customers operate and grow their businesses. Our success is their success.
What you do each day:
- Enjoy a mixture of software engineering, site reliability engineering, automation, performance optimization, security, and operations work
- Build infrastructure in a public cloud using Infrastructure as Code
- Automate deployment processes and create deployment pipelines
- Enable our engineering team to ship rapidly, safely, and often
- Build, maintain, and monitor infrastructure in our cloud environments with an eye to both flexibility and long-term viability
- Work cross functionally with our feature teams to identify infrastructure, security, and reliability needs and solutions
- Provide technical leadership, architectural insights, and individual contributor work across engineering
- Operate large web applications in production
- Work directly with feature teams to optimize the development experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment using tools such as GitLab, TravisCI, CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.
- Strong familiarity with running Kubernetes in a production environment
- Intimately familiar with building and operating infrastructure and applications on AWS
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and containerization using tools like Docker
- Comfortable with relational databases like MySQL or Postgres
- Use of “infrastructure as code” tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi, or CDK
- Preferred qualifications:
- Canary deploys, Blue/Green deploys, automated production testing, or other tools that enable continuous deployment
- Experience working with distributed systems; understand the tradeoffs between consistency, availability, and partition tolerance that you must design around in a distributed world
- What will help you succeed in this role:
- Testing in high-level languages excites you
- Reading and reasoning about code you are not familiar with is a breeze
- Know which tools to use to debug or optimize a misbehaving instance or container
- Understand the application and infrastructure tradeoffs between building systems in a Monolithic or Microservice architecture
- Embrace the challenge of building scalable infrastructure under constant change
- Know the difference between a relational database and a NoSQL database, and when to use each
- Value data-driven decisions and always look for opportunities to quickly produce the right data to make decisions quickly
- Optimize queries, know when to add indexes; understand how to run databases with High Availability, and know their limitations from experience
- Experience in an Agile environment, thrive on iteration, and make opportunities to bring value sooner rather than later
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals (Pros) streamline every aspect of their business. With easy-to-use tools for scheduling, dispatching, payments, and more, Housecall Pro enables Pros to save time, grow profitably, and provide best-in-class service.
Housecall Pro’s brand portfolio includes BuildBook, construction management software for builders and remodelers, and CONQUER, a business coaching solution for home services businesses. Our brands are united by a singular mission to champion our Pros to success.
We support more than 25,000 businesses and have over 1,000 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees across the United States and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that will invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. #LI-RB1
Location Dependent Information
This role is open to candidates and the expected salary range for this role is $150,000-$170,000. The specific salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible to participate in Housecall Pro’s equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability), employee assistance program, 401(K), flexible time off, paid parental leave, tech reimbursement, and other company benefits. Housecall Pro is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth.