Why Housecall Pro?
Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes.
We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, and—ultimately—save time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros.
We also offer:
- A generous benefits program that supports the whole you with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and flexible, take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Monthly tech reimbursements
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
As the Senior Manager, Accounting Solutions, you are a driven, intellectually curious and enthusiastic accounting, bookkeeping, and tax preparation expert. You are responsible for leading all customer engagement for HCP Accounting. You are a great communicator who is comfortable engaging with large and diverse groups. To illustrate the complexities and benefits of an end-to-end accounting solution, you lead weekly “Accounting Expert” learning and Q&A sessions with our customers. You are the internal subject matter expert on accounting, providing guidance to our product and development teams on what matters to our customer base as we continue to develop the HCP Accounting solution. You will use your extensive experience to be a true consultant for small business accounting in the home services space.
You are part of an entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team dedicated to making accounting seamless and championing our Pros to success. We are building the next generation of deeply integrated accounting products for our Pros to make it easier than ever for them to understand their business. Our unique financial ecosystem spans end-to-end: from accounts receivable (i.e. payment processing or consumer financing), to accounts payable (i.e. bill pay or payroll). This suite of fintech services will power a seamless embedded accounting solution for our customers, and we are looking for someone who is just as passionate as we are about the value that this can unlock for our customers. As a part of the fintech team, you’ll gain exposure to a wide variety of these embedded financial products and work with a team that is patient, empathetic, hard working, and above all else focused on improving the lives of our service professionals (our Pros). Our success is their success.
What you do each day:
- Lead all customer engagement for HCP Accounting, including weekly “learn” sessions and acting as a key solutions engineer for our biggest customers
- Act as the accounting subject matter expert, and partner with Product, Customer Success, and go-to-market teams to perform ongoing discovery related to the accounting needs of Pros
- Inform the HCP Accounting product roadmap by tracking and surfacing pain points and common use cases experienced by Pros in relation to accounting, bookkeeping, and tax preparation
- Author documentation on or assist internal and external customers with use of all accounting product features
- Serve as the final point of escalation on accounting-related customer support issues and collaborate with internal support teams to ensure Pros are successful in using our accounting solution
- Create, deliver and maintain necessary training, documentation, and other content on accounting-related components for customer-facing teams
- 7-9+ years of experience as an accounting and bookkeeping specialist with an in-depth understanding of SMB accounting methods & processes for home service businesses (i.e. HVAC, Plumbing etc.) and of Quickbooks (QBO / QBD)
- Four year degree in Accounting or Finance, or hold a similar certification or level of experience
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting any accounting-related questions
- Identifies and executes opportunities for proactive process improvement and risk mitigation
- Maximizes team results through adaptive approaches to individual and team needs
- Experience mentoring and coaching team members
- What will help you succeed in this role:
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Critical thinking
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals (Pros) streamline every aspect of their business. With easy-to-use tools for scheduling, dispatching, payments, and more, Housecall Pro enables Pros to save time, grow profitably, and provide best-in-class service.
Housecall Pro’s brand portfolio includes BuildBook, construction management software for builders and remodelers, and CONQUER, a business coaching solution for home services businesses. Our brands are united by a singular mission to champion our Pros to success.
We support more than 25,000 businesses and have over 1,000 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees across the United States and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that will invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. #LI-SG1
Location Dependent Information
This role is open to candidates and the expected salary range for this role is $120,000-$135,000. The specific salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible to participate in Housecall Pro’s equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability), employee assistance program, 401(K), flexible time off, paid parental leave, tech reimbursement, and other company benefits. Housecall Pro is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth.