Why Housecall Pro?
Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes.
We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, and—ultimately—save time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros.
As a Data Analytics Intern, you are embedded in a team of data analysts, data engineers and data scientists. You are comfortable working cross-functionally, with an aim of increasing acquisition, retention, and revenue within the product. You bring an analytical mind to support the foundational data and process infrastructure, and deliver data products to support the business' objectives. You deliver the what and ask for the why. You are a builder, enabling measurability and working with discipline and rigor. You are focused on building a data-driven culture through experimentation and data governance.
Our team is patient, empathetic, hard working, and above all else focused on improving the lives of our service professionals (our Pros). Our success is their success.
HCP Internship Program Details:
Interns will be paired with industry professionals and mentors and will be given opportunities to stretch their skills and enrich their knowledge base to achieve a greater understanding within this space. Our goal with this program is to have the opportunity for a full-time offer after graduation!
The HCP Internship Program will provide an exceptional experience centered around inclusion, collaboration and growth. Interns will participate in various activities during their time with HCP. Some of these activities include:
- Formal onboarding event to ensure integration to the organization and program.
- A one-on-one mentorship with a leader for the duration of the program, as well as an Experience Mentor to ensure success.
- Two different “Lunch N’ Learn” activities that encourage professional growth.
- Meet and Greets with our Executives and Founders
- Participation in LetsGrow, a peer-to-peer learning program where participants can reflect on their purpose and experience fulfilling growth.
- A celebration for all interns at the end of their internship!
This internship will begin on September 7th, 2022 and end on December 9th, 2022 (with one week off for Thanksgiving break (11/21-11/25). You will work 20 hours per week fully-remote.
What you do each day:
- Help build the data foundation for every executive stakeholder at HCP
- Tackle our ‘Big Rock’ problems, including but not limited to attribution, multi-business architecture, product foundational data, and self-servability
- Contribute to great data creation with engineers
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, Business Operations, Data Engineering, and Data Science to define metrics for the business
- Provide suggestions and recommendations to improve experimentation and products
- Actively learn and strengthen functional knowledge
- Current second year Graduate Analytics student (graduating December 2022 or Spring 2023)
- 1+ years professional experience within analytics is a plus!
- Experience in SQL
- Conversant in our tech stack (Snowflake, Segment, Amplitude, Tableau)
- Experience working with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- What will help you succeed in this role:
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Analytical, techy, and curious mindset
- Sociable and confident
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro champions home service professionals by giving them the tools to work simpler and grow smarter across all aspects of their business. Our core SaaS software platform helps Pros with scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, marketing, and more. We support more than 20,000 businesses and have over 400 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees in San Diego, Denver, and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that’ll invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. #LI-SG1
Location Dependent Information
This role is open to candidates inside and outside of Colorado, but for those hired in Colorado the expected compensation range for this role is $40-$45 / hour. The specific hourly rate for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. And the hourly rate for successful candidates outside of Colorado may differ based on location. Housecall Pro is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth.