Who we are?
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals (Pros) streamline every aspect of their business. With easy-to-use tools for scheduling, dispatching, payments, and more, Housecall Pro enables Pros to save time, grow profitably, and provide best-in-class service.
Housecall Pro’s brand portfolio includes BuildBook, construction management software for builders and remodelers, and CONQUER, a business coaching solution for home services businesses. Our brands are united by a singular mission to champion our Pros to success.
We support more than 30,000 businesses and have over 1,000 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees across the United States and all over the world (including Poland 🇵🇱).
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that will invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Compensation: 8 500 - 11 000 USD/ month B2B
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you work directly with several software development teams across the organization to conceive, develop, and refine our core web applications. You have a unique ability to construct and refund complicated software architectures that support the scaling of our core infrastructure. You have a passion for educating developers to increase their usage of strategic changes and upgrades to the technical ecosystem. You are committed to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products.
- Design, develop and deploy features for Housecall Pro’s core Ruby/RoR applications
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Work with product management team to refine initial concepts and features that deliver customer delight
- Build and execute a high velocity of smart, highly performant server-side A/B tests to increase business metrics
- Understand clear sub-system boundaries, and make recommendations on where functionality belongs across different sub-systems
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and enforce them across the team
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactorings to the code baseline
- Write automated tests at the appropriate architectural level
- Conduct code reviews and architectural reviews for features developed by other members of the team
- Lead feature teams in their weekly iterations
- Maintain and improve our continuous integration and development environments
- Being a mentor for other team members
- Flexible time off policy (26 days doesn’t have to be a limit)
- Flexible work hours
- Equity shares in a rapidly growing company backed by top-tier VCs
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas
- We work in Central European Time
- Newest MacBook + Setup Fee ($500)
🚀 Joining Housecall Pro means:
- Building a product that really improves users’ lives (70k users, 4.6 rates at App Store) - learn more about the Housecall Pro mission;
- Being a part of the Polish team of engineers, who put the highest priority on the quality and safety of the technical solutions;
- Working with a mature, interdisciplinary dev team (almost 100% of the Polish squad are seniors);
- Having a real impact on technical decisions without breaking through the corporate, glass ceiling;
- Being in direct contact with the community of users, who are eager to share their feedback;
- You are committed to your work, open to feedback, and eager to share your knowledge, just like us :)
- Ability to work at a fast pace with a drive to quickly deliver value to our customers
- 4 - 10 years of industry experience developing commercial Ruby/RoR applications
- 2 - 4 years of experience leading teams and performing code reviews
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby/RoR
- Strong architectural ability within Ruby/RoR
- Can communicate and work independently with non-technical stakeholders to see through large epics
- Depth of understanding and teaching ability in clean code, refactoring, and test-driven development
- Strong understanding of underlying systems architecture
- Independently gain knowledge and opinions on multiple systems
- Researches and assesses current and new technologies
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Strong proficiency with continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Fluency in Polish and English
We're waiting for your resume!