We are currently hiring remotely, or local to our home offices.
Housecall Pro is the #1 rated app for home service companies in the United States. We are a mission driven company- we champion our pros to success; when they win, we all do. Come help us tackle a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor!
The role: Sr. Ruby/RoR Software Engineer
As a Senior Engineer, your primary focus will be to work directly with the product management team to conceive, develop, and refine our core web applications and deliver outstanding experiences and value to our customers. You will work in an iterative, data driven environment to refine the application.
Our Engineering team is extraordinary. We’re a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professional customers. Our success is their success. Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and grow their businesses.
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop and deploy features for Housecall Pro’s core Ruby/RoR applications
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Work with product management to refine initial concepts features that deliver customer delight
- Build and execute a high velocity of smart, highly performant server side A/B tests to increase business metrics
- Stay up to date with new Growth and Personalization tools
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and enforce them across the team
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactorings to the code baseline
- Write automated tests at the appropriate architectural level
- Conduct code reviews and architectural reviews for features developed by other members of the team
- Lead feature teams in their weekly iterations
- Maintain and improve our continuous integration and development environments
- Ability to work at a fast pace with a drive to quickly deliver value to our customers
- BS, MS or Ph.D in a computer science / computer engineering program
- 3-10 years industry experience developing commercial Ruby/RoR applications
- 1-2 years experience leading teams and performing code reviews
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby/RoR
- Data Driven
- Attention to detail and an eye for design
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Strong proficiency with continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Experience with Kotlin a plus
- Experience with Swift a plus
- Experience with MaterialUI a plus
Why Housecall Pro
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company - Champion the Pro to Success.
- We save our home service professionals time, and help them, in turn, to delight their homeowner customers.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- We have fun at work. Really.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K)
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better.
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed (unlimited) paid time off.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.