About HouseAccount: HouseAccount aims to disrupt the $750 billion home service industry by revolutionizing and digitizing the homeowner experience. We (and our customers) firmly believe that the future of the home service industry lies in embracing technology to replace outdated and inefficient phone calls, manual scheduling, non-digital payments, and costly paper-based processes.
HouseAccount is building a digital platform that has deep integrations with large-scale brands' operational CRMs, and delivers an exceptional white-labeled consumer experience that significantly enhances consumer-related metrics. Our early success has far exceeded expectations, leading to a substantial backlog of customers with billions of dollars in annual gross sales. HouseAccount is a well-capitalized Series A company with multiple years of cash runway.
Team: Co-founders (Wiley, Matt, Kenny) and the rest of our team have spent our careers building world-class tech companies that transform local businesses by digitizing their consumer experience(s). We are an experienced executive team that have been founders or exec team members at the following companies, each with successful outcomes: Seamless ($GRUB), Slice ($1B+ pre-IPO), OLO ($OLO), SinglePlatform ($TRIP), Constant Contact ($CTCT), and Good Uncle ($ARMK).
The Job: As a Software Engineer, you'll play an essential role in rapidly launching new customers and seamlessly integrating with operational CRM systems. Your technical expertise will contribute to the development of repeatable frameworks and best practices that ensure exceptional integration outcomes and immediate customer value.
What you’ll do::
- Collaborate closely with engineering leadership and cross-functional teams, such as Product Management and Design, to help define project scopes, technical requirements, and deliverables.
- Juggle hands-on technical contributions while effectively tackling intricate technical challenges.
- Exhibit strong judgment, making informed foundational decisions while weighing pros and cons.
- Own features from ideation to production, leveraging your experience in successfully shipping products.
- Champion thorough planning and asynchronous alignment, particularly in the early project stages.
- Contribute to the rapid learning and development of an early-stage company.
- Develop and maintain internal and external API standards/documentation.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience as an engineer with a proven history of working across the stack and building products at scale.
- You’re comfortable with different technologies - we currently use Rails, Stimulus, and Turbo, but always open to the right technology for the job.
- You’re familiar with relational databases - especially PostgreSQL.
- You’ve worked with queues and background jobs - we use GoodJob.
- You have an understanding of Restful APIs and authentication protocols
- You are no stranger web application/front end development
- Nice to have: Heroku/AWS experience
- Fully remote team
- Competitive compensation, stock options, and health insurance.
- Unlimited PTO: take the time you need when you need it.
- A remote-first environment that enables you to work where you choose.
- Subsidy for at-home work machine and equipment
- Regular strategic onsites (in NYC) and offsites (TBD) where we gather the team for work and non-work.
- A world-class team of fun, welcoming, ego-free, proven entrepreneurs with whom to build life-long relationships.
HouseAccount is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity/expression), national origin, disability or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.