Technology and Innovation Manager, North America
You are known for being organized and thorough in everything you do. You can’t help but go above and beyond expectations, taking pride in your work and what you deliver.
You have a knack for motivating teams and keeping things moving no matter what. When challenges arise, you are solution-minded, using your resourcefulness as a problem-solving master.
Without even realizing it, you’re always on the hunt for ways to improve any project or process, finding holes and inefficiencies and brainstorming creative ideas to tackle them. You understand how technology can empower a business and can’t help your love of new tools and tech trends.
We are the pre-eminent global tech communications consultancy. We are a group of expert communicators who are fanatical about tech and are here to help businesses ignite their possibilities. Our local experience and global scale allow us to deliver bold but pragmatic comms guidance to tech companies all over the world.
When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. For years now, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by PR Week, PRNews and Crain’s New York.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global alternative.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our team as a Technology and Innovation Manager.
Whether it be a project or an ongoing daily maintenance and support, the Technology and Innovation Manager will be an important leader in the US technology team. They make sure the technology infrastructure and systems in the US are running smoothly and efficiently – and that our staff are productive and delivering for clients. They lead technology projects, support other business projects, programs, and initiatives, and know when to escalate or flag something up to leadership when the situation calls for it. The Technology and Innovation Manager is a team member who constantly works collaboratively with the rest of the technology team to deliver quick and effective solutions.
Activities may include:
- Supervising daily operations of network and server infrastructure and being main point of contact for the North America team
- Aligning IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals
- Managing IT budgets, forecast for the North American team
- Evaluating risk, developing network recovery and backup processes
- Assessing, managing, and purchasing new and replacement hardware
- Assuring that Technology data activities are within the limits of applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Testing, troubleshooting, and adjusting information systems to operate effectively
- Implementing security of the network, data and its storage and communication systems
- Overseeing all the tracking of local team deliverables
- Providing ongoing internal progress updates to keep teams on track
- Providing ongoing client progress updates to key stakeholders to communicate all progress, outstanding items, budget, and deadlines
- Assisting, and leading the management of various business and technology projects
- Managing and supporting junior technology staff on day-to-day issues
- Adjusting workback plans and tracking associated changes in deliverables and stated timelines
- Building and sustaining key relationships with internal teams, and client teams
- Identifying and creating technologies or processes where innovation enables efficiency
Experience & Knowledge
- 2-3 years’ experience in technical support, preferably in a media or marketing environment
- Prior work experience as an IT manager or in a related position
- Strong knowledge of technical management and systems
- Excellent knowledge of hardware and software system
- Knowledgeable with innovated solutions and how to implement them
- Previous technical project management experience
- In depth experience with computer network, network administration and installation
- Knowledge of the best practices in the industry
- Excellent communication, people and managerial skills
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- An interest in the comms industry and the tech brands we work with
- Experience in a complex, multi-office environment
- IT qualifications (Educational degree or suitable industry certifications)
- Ideally Microsoft MCSA or training for certification, a good knowledge of IT systems and hardware maintenance
- Windows Server 2012, 2012 & 2019
- VMware ESXi and Veeam backup
- Active Directory and Powershell scripting
- Amazon AWS technologies
- Backup technologies and methodologies
- Good understanding of networking principles including DNS & DHCP
- Cisco Meraki firewall, LAN switch and networking technologies
- Office 365 administration, including 2FA, email, SharePoint
- Slack, Zoom and Egnyte administration is preferred
- Experience in both Mac and PC environments, JAMF and ManageEngine knowledge would be a bonus.
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life integration is crucial
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual all company get-together with the global team
- Wellness allowance, internet and phone reimbursement and strong medical health care plans to choose from
- Strong learning and development program
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- Paid sabbatical after every 4 years at Hotwire
- A connected, courageous, ambitious and friendly team
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach
- The opportunity to own your career. We support our staff to create the career they want and we'd love to talk to you about what's possible
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day.