Junior Data Visualization Architect
Other people see “data”, but you see the story it is trying to tell and paint the picture so anyone else can understand it. You understand that assuming the answer to a problem, without looking at what data tells us, is foolish.
You live to see metrics and dimensions can be combined to tell a digital story. Working with dashboards, reports and analytics is your favorite part of the day.
We are the pre-eminent global tech communications consultancy. We are a group of expert communicators who are fanatical about tech and are here to help businesses ignite their possibilities. Our local experience and global scale allow us to deliver bold but pragmatic comms guidance to tech companies all over the world.
When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. For years now, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by PR Week, PRNews and Crain’s New York.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global alternative.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our team as a Junior Data Visualization Architect.
Converting data to information through visualization is the core responsibility of the Junior Data Visualization Architect. They work with the Head of Technology as well as client teams to deliver insightful and accurate data visualizations. They are organized, thorough, and provide support on various data projects. The Junior Data Visualization Architect is a team member who constantly works collaboratively with the rest of the client service and digital team to deliver quick and effective solutions. They assist data and technology projects, support other business projects, programs, and initiatives, and know when to escalate or flag something up to leadership when the situation calls for it.
Activities may include:
- Identifying internal and external data visualization and reporting needs, in collaboration with the Head of Technology, program teams, and client services teams.
- Fulfilling data visualization and reporting needs across the business through the development of intuitive, engaging, insightful, and attractive dashboards and visualizations in Google Data Studio, or other data visualization tools. Kinds of visuals will vary between internal and external data.
- Preparing data visualizations and summarizing key takeaways for presentations and reports.
- Cleaning and organizing large datasets and verifying and ensuring accuracy, integrity, and consistency of data.
- Understanding the implications of data, and interpreting data in context, including identifying trends and outliers.
- Helping with the selection and roll-out of data visualization tools and dashboards.
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for internal business information and data visualizations.
- Assisting the client service and digital team with the development of reports and system configuration and testing.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned by the Head of Technology.
- Keeping abreast of best practices in the use of technology in data visualization and evaluation and participate in relevant professional organizations for professional development.
- Experience with excel and data visualization platforms (Google Data Studio preferred)
- Ability to critically think, analyze trends to inform insights and make well-reasoned recommendations
- Fast learner with ability to adopt new data analytical processes
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team to execute on shared deadlines and goals
- Ability to apply data analysis strategies in appropriate contexts
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life integration is crucial
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual all company get-together with the global team
- Wellness allowance, internet and phone reimbursement and strong medical health care plans to choose from
- Strong learning and development program
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- Paid sabbatical after every 4 years at Hotwire
- A connected, courageous, ambitious and friendly team
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach
- The opportunity to own your career. We support our staff to create the career they want and we'd love to talk to you about what's possible
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day.