This role is open to:
- Any of our office locations (San Francisco, New York, Minneapolis) or fully remote
We are the pre-eminent global tech communications consultancy. We are a group of expert communicators who are fanatical about tech and are here to help businesses ignite their possibilities. Our local experience and global scale allow us to deliver bold but pragmatic comms guidance to tech companies all over the world.
When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. For years now, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by PR Week, PRNews and Crain’s New York.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global alternative.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our North America team as a Public Relations Intern.
Would your friends describe you as tenacious? Ambitious? A self-starter? Tech-savvy? Are you always up to date on the latest viral trends? An avid follower of influencers? Read on!
The Hotwire Internship program is designed to be hands-on, fast-paced and interactive. You will be exposed to real client and agency work. We are looking for curious, driven, creative individuals who are looking to build a solid foundation for their career. Our internship role requires a passion for learning, great attention to detail and determination. We’ll give you a running start with a thorough on-boarding program and we’ll back this up with ongoing tailored training sessions. Your manager will be there to guide and support you. You’ll juggle a varied workload, engaging with multiple teams or clients.
*Note: This role will be remote while our offices are closed due to COVID-19.
Daily, you will:
- Create and maintain media, event, award, influencer and editorial databases
- Research projects for team members to communicate findings to your teams
- Produce client documents for media and analyst tours and other events, such as speaking opportunities
- Participate in campaigns to raise client brand and product awareness with press and influencer outreach
- Provide general support for agency projects, such as social media posts and new business research
- Bring proactive ideas and opportunities to the team to fuel your client’s objectives
- Gain an understanding of a client’s market by reading relevant industry publications and reporting any relevant findings to the team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – having an opinion is a must!
- Familiarity with general office tools and platforms such as the Microsoft Suite
- Incredible learning and development opportunities through Hotwire Academy
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business and create a career you’re passionate about
- A connected, courageous and friendly team doing great work while having fun
- Opportunities to work with clients and teams across the globe
- An inclusive and flexible work environment where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to work