If you’re a conceptual thinker with a strong background in design, we’d love to meet you. Who are we? A bunch of bright sparks, bound by an irrepressible spirit of mateship. We take an irreverent approach to creativity; sparking big ideas in communications, branding, content, copywriting, digital marketing, and PR. When we say we’re the pre-eminent global tech communications consultancy, that’s not code for, ‘we turn out endless product spec updates.’ It means we work with the biggest brands, and stunning scaleups, in Social Media and SAAS, Coding and Consultancy, to create campaigns, brands and memorable storytelling moments that make the technical, irresistible.
We’re looking for a standout visual storyteller to join our team
As a Senior Visual Creative at Hotwire Australia, you’ll work closely with our creative, strategy, and communications consultant teams to concept and execute long lasting narratives that drive awareness and obliterate irrelevance. You’ll hunt for the human truths at the heart of tech complexity, and craft them into irregular tales of tech that leave investors, prospects and talent irretrievably drawn to act. From Scaleups to Stalwarts, you’ll forge people and product into irrefutable relationships using Brand, Marketing, Comms and PR. Reporting directly to our Creative Director, you’re part conceptual thinker, part graphic designer, and 100% visual storyteller. You love concepting as much as creating brand ID’s; CX campaigns as much as launch activations. You have 6-8 years of experience working at an agency and/or in-house, and are eager to put them to good use playing a key role in helping build and deliver the next phase of Hotwire Australia’s creative vision.
What you’ll be working on
- Story focussed; design lead concepts that exceed client needs.
- Execution of high-quality creative concepts, and visual designs for deliverables including: owned, paid and earned social campaigns, landing page design, social media, brand and identity development, print and editorial, experiential, wayfinding and event work for branded events and environments.
- Smart, and scalable solutions. Your work must deliver on immediate client needs, as well as help build ongoing brand presence.
- Ongoing design development - including addressing client feedback and requests, directing junior team members, artworkers, suppliers and other stakeholders in the project team and overseeing the final production and output of the project.
- Development of, and work within existing, brand guidelines to maintain consistency and create memorable brand experiences.
- Leading junior staff, freelance, studio and other project stakeholders
- Supporting and work alongside the (Copy based) Creative Director.
- Consistently high quality creative output.
- Continually aiming to improve your personal, and the team, creative standards
- Recommending, participating and managing ideation sessions and research activities for allocated client briefs.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 6-8 years of conceptual and design experience in an agency and/or in-house setting (communications/PR agency experience a plus)
- A solid portfolio of real-world work including concepting and rollout for digital, brand and integrated campaign work.
- Experience working with both B2B and B2C brands
- Advanced experience in brand/advertising/design – able to work across a variety of mediums and disciplines.
- Absolute fluency and excellence within the Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of the digital design process and experience working with developers and digital specialists
- No ego – willingness to roll up sleeves and get any task done
- Strong attention to detail
- A thorough working knowledge of producing finished art for print, online and signage.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Able to receive and implement feedback and shift directions quickly when needed
What we offer on top of awesome clients and award-winning work:
- Competitive remuneration
- Ongoing flexible working arrangements - understanding that work/life integration is crucial.
- True, structured opportunity for career development within our growing, fast paced team
- Great team environment within the Enero building complex in Pyrmont (Covid dependent)
- Strong learning and development program
- Shared passion for work that works
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual all company trip with the global team.
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach
- The opportunity to own your career. We support our staff to create the career they want and we'd love to talk to you about what's possible
We’re fanatical about technology, with over twenty years’ experience in sparking action for our clients. Our tech understanding, experience and network helps ignite audience curiosity across all aspects of communications, branding and digital marketing.