Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to take a leadership role on our Business Operations team and support our fast growth. This is a key role with executive-level visibility, a finger on the pulse of the overall business, and broad impact for someone who exhibits intellectual curiosity and rigor, and a capacity of execution to tackle some of the most critical challenges that span the breadth of our business.
Reporting to our VP of Data & Business Operations, you will foster cross-functional collaboration, act as a strategic partner to the executive leadership team and lead high leverage projects and initiatives with the goal to not only help us move faster but also be a strong catalyst for growth. The ideal candidate possesses strong business acumen and analytical skills and can not only think strategically but also get her hands dirty to optimize processes and push for change and improvements. She thrives working on projects independently as well as with a diverse set of stakeholders.
This is a key leadership role within the Business Operations team, with broad strategic responsibilities, an opportunity to directly influence the trajectory of the business, and significant growth potential. The individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter with a strong track record of achievements, and both an obsession for rigorous work and bias for action.
If you are passionate, about travel, about working on both strategic project and hands-on implementation, and relate to our vision and DNA, please apply.
Although most of the team is based in Denver, the role can be remote for the right candidate.
Here's what you'll do:
- Identify and roll-out new initiatives with cross-functional stakeholders
- Work with department leaders to define and implement functional strategies in line with overall company goals and to identify and roll-out new or improved processes
- Develop business cases for Hotel Engine to expand in new markets, new product offerings, or deliver growth through M&A and partnerships
- Explore new/adjacent markets and business models through competitive intelligence, product/industry research, etc… and prepare recommendations for growth/monetization
- Become an industry expert and subject matter expert in multiple product areas, providing insights and opinion on an ongoing basis and contributing to our strategy in these areas
- Develop, monitor, and analyze KPIs across the business to assess performance towards strategic goals and milestones, and provide actionable recommendations across departments to drive growth and operational efficiency
- Prepare and deliver analyses and presentations for leadership and in support to board meetings, investor decks, and other internal/external corporate communications as necessary
- Partner with FP&A and other functions to plan, manage, review budget, measure and track performance and ROI of key investments and initiatives
- Document and manage key cross-functional processes. Take the lead in identifying and rolling out improvements to reduce friction and promote higher efficiency and impact
- Lead and track day-to-day operations, ensuring we deliver on our strategic and operational goals
- Act as a mentor to associates both on the business operations team and across other departments
Here's what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in technical, quantitative, strategy or product fields. At least 3 years of operations experience at a technology company, with exposure to a mix of Finance, Operations, Growth roles
- You can perform rigorous quantitative and qualitative data analyses both independently and in partnership with the Data & Analytics team to define KPIs, leverage them to have a deep understanding of the health and performance of the business, identify opportunity and threats, and deliver well-crafted and persuasive findings and recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication skills both in written (memos, emails, decks) and verbal form
- Proven ability to lead projects to completion and collaborate seamlessly with others
- You can absorb quantitative and qualitative data and information from a variety of sources (customer interviews, competitors, market research, account executives' data, internal dashboards, leadership input, etc..), connect it and derive clear conclusions and recommendations
- You are comfortable writing intermediate SQL without supervision and using Business Intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, Periscope for instance) to retrieve data and build well-designed visualizations and dashboards
- You are a self-starter, able to operate effectively and with autonomy in a fast-paced environment with a high level of ambiguity, and you have experience building productive and positive relationships across an organization at all levels (entry level to senior executives)
- Track record of rigorous execution and high impact
- Highly detailed-oriented and exceptional organizational and follow-through skills is a must
- The total cash compensation for this role is $110,000 - $150,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program