Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
Our Supplier Relations team is looking for a Partner Acquisition Manager - Lodging to manage one of our mid-market regions on our Supplier Relations team. In this role, you will actively acquire new hotel partners and negotiate higher discounts for Hotel Engine’s customer base. With a go-getter attitude, you’ll bring industry expertise, business acumen and a drive to achieve ambitious acquisition goals to your day-to-day activities.
Here's what you'll do:
- Leverage tools and market data to establish new relationships and negotiate higher discounts with hotel partners
- Develop targeted plans and partner with internal teams to address the opportunities with the greatest potential for impact
- Ensure metrics including inventory acquisition and average discount are meeting or exceeding expectations
- Manage a target lead list as well as inbound leads to develop a hotel business portfolio
- Develop a strategy that ensures competitive advantage of our hotel products to maximize customer demand, conversion and marketplace growth
- Attend industry events and act as a face of Hotel Engine’s Supply team
- Commit to continuous improvement, innovation and learning alongside your Hotel Engine team members
Here's what we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management; business management or business administration; or equivalent work experience in the hotel or travel industry required (minimum two years)
- Experience with high-volume sales team’s preferred
- Expertise in hotel business practices including pricing, inventory, and yield management
- Working knowledge of at least one hotel CRS system
- Experience with process workflows and tracking input in Salesforce
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence external and internal stakeholders
- Success in acquiring and building long term customer relationships
- Possesses critical thinking and demonstrates initiative, attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven client service skills and practical team skills
- Self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running with our team!
- The Overall Target Earnings for this role are $90,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program