Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
We are looking for an FP&A Analyst to play a key role in the continued development, refinement, and optimization of our business model. You’re excited to take a hands-on approach in enhancing the overall teams’ capabilities, and will help us build a best-in-class finance function that influences company-wide strategic decisions.
This role focuses on analysis and reporting of our financials to executive leaders and the board of directors. In addition, this individual will support various aspects of the month end close process, build forecasts, and set and track company goals, among other ad-hoc, cross-functional projects. The ideal candidate enjoys working on either autonomous or collaborative projects, and is disciplined to deliver accurate results, on time. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are agile, nimble, obsessed with details, driven by curiosity, and have bias for action we want to talk to you!
Here's what you'll do:
- Shape our company operating model by supporting the financial reporting process as well as planning and forecasting processes
- Support various aspects of the Accounting month end close process by gathering and summarizing financial information
- Analyze forecast variances as a partner to departmental budget owners
- Track and report on Hotel Engine’s ongoing goal-setting process (OKRs) and other KPI’s
- Work with large data sets, solving complex problems in a dynamic environment
- Research, analyze, and summarize industry trends, competitor landscape and public comparables
- Collaborate with business unit leaders to analyze business and performance trends to provide actionable insights to department leads
- Support ad-hoc projects that influence key business decisions
- Report to the current FP&A Manager
Here's what we're looking for:
- 1 – 5 years of strategic finance, corporate finance, accounting, or other technical experience at a high-growth startup or well-established company
- Understanding of financial statements and accounting principles; familiarity with NetSuite or other enterprise-level financial systems and processes a plus
- Advanced Excel, PPT and Microsoft Word skills
- Exceptional and effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and excellent problem-solver
- Solid team player - we achieve more as a team!
- The base salary range for this role is $60,000-$75,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program