Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
As a Hotel Engine Associate Account Manager, you will be responsible for owning customer relationships at scale, focusing on continuous improvement activities, and insuring customer’s critical KPI metrics are being met. In this role you’ll be collaborating with customers to develop and execute initiatives which add value to their corporate travel needs by leveraging the full scope of company products and services.
This role will leverage tools and technology to deliver value to multiple accounts at once through 1:many programs, such as creating email campaigns, custom trainings/webinars, and building new collateral. You will partner closely with Sales & Marketing leadership to bring this new role to life!
Account Management Responsibilities – Reactive Engagement:
- Manage a book of business consisting of Small customer accounts
- Drive monthly growth by upselling current Hotel Engine accounts that you manage
- Partner closely with Member Experience to provide exceptional customer service to existing customers
- Proactively work to prevent issues, but resolve them efficiently as they arise
- Build relationships with key influencer at high growth accounts
- Act as an advocate for your clients
- Become a subject matter expert in the Hotel Engine platform & industry
- Consistently meet or exceed daily KPI requirements
Marketing Responsibilities – Proactive Engagement:
- Leverage data to engage accounts at scale via 1:many email campaigns that aim to:
- Build awareness & drive adoption of new & existing features, such as HE Loyalty and Rewards
- Uncover Project & Group booking opportunities
- Identify growth accounts within existing book
- Identify target accounts based on user behavior (bookings, users, searches, etc) to engage with for 1:1 engagement. Facilitate handoff for growing accounts to dedicated Account Managers.
- Partner closely with marketing to support & onboard new Self-Service customers, such as leading onboarding webinars
Here's what we're looking for:
- Previous experience in account management, customer success/service, marketing or sales preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Self-starter, takes initiative and adapts to changing demands. Brings a positive attitude and energy to work every day.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM
- Ability to use consultative sales approach to identify additional opportunities within current customer base
- Utilize analytical tools to identify trends in customer account usage
- The base salary for this role is $50,000/year + a variable component of $15,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program